Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ideas on types of volunteer work to do to put on my personal statement? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying and currently studying childrens nursing done any volunteer work that they can suggest to do to do? Thankyou.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a nursing student but I suggest you sign up to do-it.org if you're looking for volunteer work. There's a drop down menu so you can choose which sector you would like to volunteer in and then you can put in your city or area to find relevant volunteering near you. You can choose to work with children or in healthcare, so those will probably be good options for you. You can also choose when you're available/what hours you can do to narrow the search.

It's a very useful website for those looking for volunteering opportunities! I hope this helps you.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ChloeNicholson;48609255]Anyone applying and currently studying childrens nursing done any volunteer work that they can suggest to do to do? Thankyou.[/QUOTE

Go to your local hospital and ask if you can volunteer in any of the children's wards. You can also try to ask schools and nursery's if you can volunteer there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.