Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it a bad thing to look older than your years ? Watch

I'm an 18 year old guy and I'm told I look and act much older than I am , when girls find out im 18 they're usually very shocked , and it all tends to go downhill from there as I don't think older girls are willing to get with a younger guy.

When I inquire whether I look older in a good or bad way I have been told its always a good thing to look older for guys :confused: , I feel they might just be being nice though.

I've always kind of been into older girls because I find them much more attractive and mature , they're also more receptive to me whereas girls around 18 don't seem to be into me :confused:

I'm willing to send a few people pics but don't want to post on here as some people know me.

kk

ReputationRep:
    it's not a good thing. but it's not the end of the world. take care of yourself, make sure you're bathed and well groomed, get a good haircut, invest in some nice clothes and accessories, and that's it, job done.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    No it's not bad, I get mistaken for older a lot too! But then I guess it depends on the circumstance

(Original post by Stinkum)
    it's not a good thing. but it's not the end of the world. take care of yourself, make sure you're bathed and well groomed, get a good haircut, invest in some nice clothes and accessories, and that's it, job done.
    Why isn't it a good thing? Surely you'd do the above anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's not great. I've been told I look about 3 years older than I am :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    No it's not bad, I get mistaken for older a lot too!

Why isn't it a good thing? Surely you'd do the above anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's nothing 'good' about it. I'm not saying it's a disaster or anything like that. It's neither good nor bad, if that makes sense. You can't change the way you look, so just live with it. That's my philosophy, and I'm a 2 out of 10.

There's nothing 'good' about it. I'm not saying it's a disaster or anything like that. It's neither good nor bad, if that makes sense. You can't change the way you look, so just live with it. That's my philosophy, and I'm a 2 out of 10.
    You most definitely can .

Thanks for the replies guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm an 18 year old guy and I'm told I look and act much older than I am , when girls find out im 18 they're usually very shocked , and it all tends to go downhill from there as I don't think older girls are willing to get with a younger guy.

When I inquire whether I look older in a good or bad way I have been told its always a good thing to look older for guys :confused: , I feel they might just be being nice though.

I've always kind of been into older girls because I find them much more attractive and mature , they're also more receptive to me whereas girls around 18 don't seem to be into me :confused:

I'm willing to send a few people pics but don't want to post on here as some people know me.
    for men its good..women bad.

ReputationRep:
    You most definitely can .
    no

no
    Your being a pessimist here , seriously.

Loosing weight , gaining muscle , taking care of ones skin and make up for girls.

These things can take a ugly person to an attractive person , i've seen it irl myself and im sure there are loads of examples on the net , celebrities etc

Butt if your butt ugly your ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Yeah, it's not great. I've been told I look about 3 years older than I am :/
    Lol my record is 11 years older than I actually am.

I've always looked older than I am, to the point where the first time I was ID'd was my 18th birthday .

I don't particularly like or dislike it, in general though I would say it's been more a plus than a minus with girls.

no
    http://d3dsacqprgcsqh.cloudfront.net...WO_460s_v1.jpg

ReputationRep:
    but to be honest, the weight loss didn't even make him look that much older, in fact i wouldn't have even noticed had it not been pointed out. Besides, it's much better to lose lots of weight and end up looking slightly older as a result, than to remain fat. it's like i was saying earlier...look after yourself, that includes exercise.

but to be honest, the weight loss didn't even make him look that much older, in fact i wouldn't have even noticed had it not been pointed out. Besides, it's much better to lose lots of weight and end up looking slightly older as a result, than to remain fat. it's like i was saying earlier...look after yourself, that includes exercise.
    You said you can't make yourself look better , this guy did.

ReputationRep:
    You said you can't make yourself look better , this guy did.
    you misunderstood my point, i'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 but some say i look 15-17 which is really annoying. But thats what happens when i'm not wearing much makeup i guess

I wish i looked older but what can ya do eh?

Its better for guys to look older so its a good thing OP!!! Imagine someone said you look like a 13 year old boy

ReputationRep:
    As a 16 year old who gets mistaken for someone in there twenties almost everyday I have to say it certainly has it's perks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerLorasTyrell)
    As a 16 year old who gets mistaken for someone in there twenties almost everyday I have to say it certainly has it's perks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I get this ALL THE TIME. I'm 16 as well.. I guess it's just hard to guess our ages.

(You're 16? From your posts on here, I'd assumed you were at uni).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    Lol my record is 11 years older than I actually am.

I've always looked older than I am, to the point where the first time I was ID'd was my 18th birthday .

I don't particularly like or dislike it, in general though I would say it's been more a plus than a minus with girls.
    11 years?! Gosh, that's a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    I get this ALL THE TIME. I'm 16 as well.. I guess it's just hard to guess our ages.

(You're 16? From your posts on here, I'd assumed you were at uni).
    Nah still a year and a half before I'll be there haha, what posts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.