Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

lost my Alevel certificates helllpppp!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    hi

I sat my AS exams in 2011 but i have lost my certificates, I have reapplied for then but they could take upto 28days, and I got to meet my uni condition offer by the 31st?

helllpppppppp!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyPerkin1993)
    hi

I sat my AS exams in 2011 but i have lost my certificates, I have reapplied for then but they could take upto 28days, and I got to meet my uni condition offer by the 31st?

helllpppppppp!!!!!!
    The 31st of August is more than 28 days away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    maybe she means 31st of july

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Try not to panic too much, i'm sure you can reason if you ask for the certificates to have them about 5 days earlier before your interview? Or just go down to the sixth form and kindly explain your situation I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem

ReputationRep:
    Your place will be confirmed at this university or college if you meet the conditions of this offer.

Conditions of offer

This offer is subject to you obtaining This offer is subject to you providing evidence of your qualifications to the University Admissions Unit, MX Building, Camp Street, Wolverhampton, WV1 1AD no later than 31/07/2014. The following certificate/s are required: A Levels Sociology & Media Studies AS Levels Philosophy & English Literature grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moecandy)
    maybe she means 31st of july

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe she does, but Ucas offer conditions have to be met by 31st of August, not July. I'd be very surprised if she has a 31st July deadline, because it's not the norm.

ReputationRep:
    Your place will be confirmed at this university or college if you meet the conditions of this offer.

Conditions of offer

This offer is subject to you obtaining This offer is subject to you providing evidence of your qualifications to the University Admissions Unit, MX Building, Camp Street, Wolverhampton, WV1 1AD no later than 31/07/2014. The following certificate/s are required: A Levels Sociology & Media Studies AS Levels Philosophy & English Literature grade.
    That's really unusual. It's worth giving them a call to see if they have made a mistake with the date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gunni098)
    Try not to panic too much, i'm sure you can reason if you ask for the certificates to have them about 5 days earlier before your interview? Or just go down to the sixth form and kindly explain your situation I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem
    hi

my college didn't have a copy of my certificates, so Ive had to contact AQA board who said it could take upto 28 days, Do you think if I called uni admissions office they could reason with me?

ReputationRep:
    That's really unusual. It's worth giving them a call to see if they have made a mistake with the date.
    Hi

what ucas number? is it expensive call?

ReputationRep:
    hi

helllpppppppp!!!!!!
    Well there is not really a lot that we can do to help - if you have not got the certificates then you cannot meet the offer

You need to call the admissions team and explain that you are waiting for replacement certificates - then hope that they will wait

ReputationRep:
    Hi

what ucas number? is it expensive call?
    The university which has given you this deadline. You are going to have to speak to them anyway if the certificates don't arrive in time, so you might as well keep them in the picture from the start. In any case, the certificates will most probably arrive in time. The 28 days is to cover themselves.

Ucas can be contacted using the numbers on their contacts page.

http://www.ucas.com/about-us/contact-us

I have absolutely no idea about the cost of the call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    Well there is not really a lot that we can do to help - if you have not got the certificates then you cannot meet the offer

You need to call the admissions team and explain that you are waiting for replacement certificates - then hope that they will wait

hi

hopefully they will, I got my a level certificates but not my AS so I will have to see if I can compromised on that

ReputationRep:
    hi

my college didn't have a copy of my certificates, so Ive had to contact AQA board who said it could take upto 28 days, Do you think if I called uni admissions office they could reason with me?
    Hello,

Oh I see what you mean! I think you should call AQA up because you don't want to panic and start freaking out as the days become closer to the deadline! I don't see a reason why they wouldn't take a student into account when an interview is important so they most likey would send it before the deadline. However if they don't, you could tell the interviewer that you could post a copy of your certificates as soon as you get them, I don't see that being a problem either

ReputationRep:
    The school does not have her certificates. She has lost them, which means that she collected them from school and that is the end of the school's involvement. She doesn't have an interview. She needs to supply proof of her grades for her place at university to be confirmed. The exam board are not deliberately holding the replacements back for fun. There is a standard time needed to process the certificates. Please, if you are going to offer your advice on this forum, take the time to read what has been posted and consider if your answer really helps.

ReputationRep:
    The university which has given you this deadline. You are going to have to speak to them anyway if the certificates don't arrive in time, so you might as well keep them in the picture from the start. In any case, the certificates will most probably arrive in time. The 28 days is to cover themselves.

Ucas can be contacted using the numbers on their contacts page.

http://www.ucas.com/about-us/contact-us

I have absolutely no idea about the cost of the call.

hi

what I will do tomorrow is call my uni admission team, plus Ucas and try and see if AQA can send then to me quicker if I explain, something got to work right

ReputationRep:
    The school does not have her certificates. She has lost them, which means that she collected them from school and that is the end of the school's involvement. She doesn't have an interview. She needs to supply proof of her grades for her place at university to be confirmed. The exam board are not deliberately holding the replacements back for fun. There is a standard time needed to process the certificates. Please, if you are going to offer your advice on this forum, take the time to read what has been posted and consider if your answer really helps.
    .. I do read what has been said? I might have been confused. Sorry just trying to help?

ReputationRep:
    hi

what I will do tomorrow is call my uni admission team, plus Ucas and try and see if AQA can send then to me quicker if I explain, something got to work right
    This is the best/only course of action. Bear in mind that there are still 14 days to go to the deadline, so there is every chance that they might arrive in time. How long ago did you put in the request?

ReputationRep:
    .. I do read what has been said? I might have been confused. Sorry just trying to help?
    I know you are, but sometimes it's not enough to want to help. You have to have some knowledge as well, or you can mislead people.

ReputationRep:
    hi

dont worry at all Im just grateful for your thoughts and trying to help anything better than nothing

ReputationRep:
    This is the best/only course of action. Bear in mind that there are still 14 days to go to the deadline, so there is every chance that they might arrive in time. How long ago did you put in the request?
    Hi

The 11th so if I'm right the full 28 days will be the 7th of august

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.