Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Like anyone I'm excited and hyped up to join University, and of course it all starts with Freshers week. I'm excited but at the same time questionable. I'm not religious or anything but I choose not to drink , I want to have a great time during freshers week but I feel that will be tainted because of the fact I don't drink, now I know you don't need to drink to have fun, but the conception i've gathered is that freshers week is really all about drinking. I have no problem at all with drinking , and I don't mind people drinking at all, I just don't personally do it. Will I struggle during freshers week? advise !

ReputationRep:
    There are already several threads asking the same question.

You don't need to drink to be able to enjoy freshers week. Just because you don't drink doesn't mean you have to be left out of the fun. The best advice would be get yourself involved with groups, even if you're just going to drink soft drinks. If they don't like the fact you don't want to participate in drinking then they aren't worth your time.

Enjoy yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsRoryG)
    There are already several threads asking the same question.

You don't need to drink to be able to enjoy freshers week. Just because you don't drink doesn't mean you have to be left out of the fun. The best advice would be get yourself involved with groups, even if you're just going to drink soft drinks. If they don't like the fact you don't want to participate in drinking then they aren't worth your time.

Enjoy yourself!
    yeah you're right, cheers dude, this reassured me

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think that someone who doesn't drink could miss out on crucial bonding experiences and potentially become isolated. I would also say there are societies that don't require alcohol that you can get involved with.

ReputationRep:
    im a muslim and im looking forward to freshers week, mainly looking forward to meeting new people and making friends.

ReputationRep:
    Any of u going BCU?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.