Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I am a Nepalese and got my Bachelors' degree from Nepal in Civil Engineering. I am currently residing in UK but couldn't find a proper job in related field. I want to further my education so that I could be qualified enough but they say my degree equals British ordinary degree standard.I have no idea where to start with.

Please! can anybody suggest me what can I do to upgrade my degree or what needs to be done to find a proper engineering job in UK. Is there any courses I can do to equal my degree to British Hons Degree? Any help would be grateful.

Thank you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hritugiri)
    Hi! I am a Nepalese and got my Bachelors' degree from Nepal in Civil Engineering. I am currently residing in UK but couldn't find a proper job in related field. I want to further my education so that I could be qualified enough but they say my degree equals British ordinary degree standard.I have no idea where to start with.

Please! can anybody suggest me what can I do to upgrade my degree or what needs to be done to find a proper engineering job in UK. Is there any courses I can do to equal my degree to British Hons Degree? Any help would be grateful.

Thank you
    Have you looked into a Masters (MSc)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Have you looked into a Masters (MSc)?
    Yeah, I did but every program I looked through require minimum 2.2 hons degree. How am I suppose to proceed if that's the case? So, I was wondering if there are any extra courses I can do to upgrade my Bachelors' qualification. If you have any information regarding this matter, would you please share it with me. I would be grateful.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    It might be worth contacting some unis and employers to ask about equivalency.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hritugiri)
    Yeah, I did but every program I looked through require minimum 2.2 hons degree. How am I suppose to proceed if that's the case? So, I was wondering if there are any extra courses I can do to upgrade my Bachelors' qualification. If you have any information regarding this matter, would you please share it with me. I would be grateful.
    Thank you
    I'm not sure. Maybe you could talk to universities and see if they'd allow you advanced entry to their undergrad degrees so you'll end up having a full UK degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    I'm not sure. Maybe you could talk to universities and see if they'd allow you advanced entry to their undergrad degrees so you'll end up having a full UK degree.
    I once studied with a guy from India with a science degree at the Open University. The OU gave him some credits/exemptions (not many though) and set out the modules that he needed to complete to get their Natural Sciences degree. Other Unis I'm sure will offer the same as international students pay well for their studies.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.