Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

First time getting a plane, need some help? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My flight leaves around half 9 in the evening and is a long haul flight (10 hours I think with no stops) and I'm wondering whether I'll get meals? It's a bit of a weird time so just wondering if anyone knows what time meals are served usually and also if I fall asleep will the air hostess people wake me up so I don't miss food? (I know it sounds stupid but hey)

ReputationRep:
    Usually longer flights do have meals, I'm not too sure about overnight flights though. If you're worried it's best to look on your airline's website, their meal policies will be stated somewhere
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightningdoritos)
    My flight leaves around half 9 in the evening and is a long haul flight (10 hours I think with no stops) and I'm wondering whether I'll get meals? It's a bit of a weird time so just wondering if anyone knows what time meals are served usually and also if I fall asleep will the air hostess people wake me up so I don't miss food? (I know it sounds stupid but hey)
    You will get food, they'll probably serve it when you first get on the flight and then sometime later on as well. In my experience it depends on the airline as to whether they wake you up for food or not, maybe ask the person next you if it comes round and they notice could they wake you up please? If you want to, that is

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What airline are you using? Some will give you a meal but you usually pay for it when you book.

Others, like Easyjet, will offer food but you have to pay for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange crush)
    Usually longer flights do have meals, I'm not too sure about overnight flights though. If you're worried it's best to look on your airline's website, their meal policies will be stated somewhere
    I can't find it on the website, I might ring them to check

(Original post by furryface12)
    You will get food, they'll probably serve it when you first get on the flight and then sometime later on as well. In my experience it depends on the airline as to whether they wake you up for food or not, maybe ask the person next you if it comes round and they notice could they wake you up please? If you want to, that is

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha it's just annoying because I'm going through different time zones so idk how food times work
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightningdoritos)
    I can't find it on the website, I might ring them to check

Haha it's just annoying because I'm going through different time zones so idk how food times work
    In my experience they tend to go for the time zone you'll end up at for food times depending on how they fall in your flight if that helps at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    In my experience they tend to go for the time zone you'll end up at for food times depending on how they fall in your flight if that helps at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh okay thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.