His arguments surely will be:
1) his plane was flying around the same time near the area the Malaysian Airline plane gets taken down
2) his plane looks incredibly similar to the Malaysian plane taken down
3) anti Russian Ukraine would have had the intelligence thanks to aid from other anti Russian nations
4) Ukraine are in possession of BUK's and its far more believable that they used them than they were stolen or provided by Putin and used by the separists
5) in the event there is a **** up and they don't hit Putin's plane its easy to blame the Russians for being the aggressors and taking out a civilian plane
6) Putin is the biggest threat to the aims of the EU block and the USA so it makes sense to get rid of him making an assassination attempt likely.
This will now be the catalyst for Russia to go right into Ukraine in all out attack mode. Putin will in my opinion twist this to his political advantage and use it to justify Russia's next moves.
What do you think?
Putin fakes assassination attempt to justify illegal war? Watch
- Thread Starter
- 18-07-2014 00:24
- Community Assistant
- 18-07-2014 00:37
I think he'd risk 'bringing stability' to south east Ukraine but if he marches on the rest then its going to be costly, I believe Poland has said that it will defend Kiev. Whilst not strong enough to defeat the Russians, they'd be strong enough to cause casualties.
I don't think he planned this at all though and I certainly don't think the Ukranian government did this.