Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Putin fakes assassination attempt to justify illegal war? Watch

ReputationRep:
    His arguments surely will be:

1) his plane was flying around the same time near the area the Malaysian Airline plane gets taken down
    2) his plane looks incredibly similar to the Malaysian plane taken down
    3) anti Russian Ukraine would have had the intelligence thanks to aid from other anti Russian nations
    4) Ukraine are in possession of BUK's and its far more believable that they used them than they were stolen or provided by Putin and used by the separists
    5) in the event there is a **** up and they don't hit Putin's plane its easy to blame the Russians for being the aggressors and taking out a civilian plane
    6) Putin is the biggest threat to the aims of the EU block and the USA so it makes sense to get rid of him making an assassination attempt likely.

This will now be the catalyst for Russia to go right into Ukraine in all out attack mode. Putin will in my opinion twist this to his political advantage and use it to justify Russia's next moves.

What do you think?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I think he'd risk 'bringing stability' to south east Ukraine but if he marches on the rest then its going to be costly, I believe Poland has said that it will defend Kiev. Whilst not strong enough to defeat the Russians, they'd be strong enough to cause casualties.

I don't think he planned this at all though and I certainly don't think the Ukranian government did this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.