Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going to be the only boy in my course... Watch

ReputationRep:
    So basically out of 50 students I will be the only boy there as I gathered from the university applicant/offer holders day.

The problem is that I will be living on campus (Along with the majority of the students except one or two as I found out from the applicant day.

I have trouble talking to people especially new people and am pretty shy and awkward at first but eventually I come out of my shell.

so have you any tips to deal talking to new people?
    Also would it be weird for you to be stuck in the house with the only boy in the course?
    Have you been in a simmilar situation?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds great. What course is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Its obviously not a stem

inb4 subject *****ing.

Dude heres what you have to do.

In the first few weeks move your seat alot , talk to loads of different girls .

Make a solid batch of girl friends , you don't have to act gay just be yourself , girls like a man . Go for the ones who you have things in common with and will most likely last a long time.

These girls will then introduce you to their friends , who will have a high opinion of you , you will basically have unlimited supply of poontang.

ReputationRep:
    Damn that sucks. Hopefully theres some nice ones in there lol

ReputationRep:
    It's better than all boys. The last few years of my life at college studying IT has been hell.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueskyblue)
    Its obviously not a stem
    Not necessarily Vet med have a high proportion of females :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Having numerous friends who are girls does NOT attract poontang - it has the opposite effect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmcg97)
    Having numerous friends who are girls does NOT attract poontang - it has the opposite effect
    If your a pussy with a group of girl friends your gonna be single regardless , if your a decent looking guy with a obviously attractive personality ( as you have a group of girls flocking after you ) other girls are going to see you as desirable , its why girls can be some of the wing men etc

(Original post by Slowbro93)
    Not necessarily Vet med have a high proportion of females :ahee:
    True

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopefully doing Psychology next year and and haven't seen more than three boys on any of my applicant days. You've always got your flat and societies, which'll probably be more mixed, but I really wouldn't worry about it. Seeing as my course will probably be largely female I think I'd actually quite like to live with one of the few guys and I'm sure lots of people on your course will feel similarly

ReputationRep:
    Dude, this is your moment.

ReputationRep:
    Studying Psychology OP?

Make sure you get to know the good ones where possible. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Man, that's not going to be fun. There's one thing that almost every girl I've become friends with at uni does, and that's criticise people (other girls) when they aren't around. In my three years, I've met like, 3 that don't do that.

It's petty, its childish, it bothers me greatly, and I'll bet you'll get loads of it.

ReputationRep:
    just be nice to them, dont be creepy and stare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    womens studies or [child] psychology

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't the only boy on my course (there were about 5 of 40), but a lecturer did point out once that I was the only man in the room.

Honestly, I don't see what the issue is? Girls are (you'll be surprised to discover) normal people too.

You also probably won't be in a house with course mates, and no-one's going to care that you're on a mostly female course. Or if they do, then they just revealed that they're not the kind of person anyone should want to associate with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Honestly, I don't see what the issue is? Girls are (you'll be surprised to discover) normal people too.
    We're not that scary, OP, pinky swear!

ReputationRep:
    Why would anyone complain about being the only male on their course?!

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to be the only female on my course but that has as much chance of happening as me becoming the Queen of England

should have chosen Chemical Engineering :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... well, when you see a girl, approach with caution. Don't make eye contact with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    I wasn't the only boy on my course (there were about 5 of 40), but a lecturer did point out once that I was the only man in the room.

You also probably won't be in a house with course mates, and no-one's going to care that you're on a mostly female course. Or if they do, then they just revealed that they're not the kind of person anyone should want to associate with.
    OP if he does this , get up and bow to the girls in every direction . They will clap and see you as an alpha .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.