The Student Room Group

Going to be the only boy in my course...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BesideThePoint
Hmm... well, when you see a girl, approach with caution. Don't make eye contact with it.

dont listen to this
Reply 21
Original post by Slowbro93
Not necessarily :tongue: Vet med have a high proportion of females :ahee:

You are close lol

Original post by FireGarden
Man, that's not going to be fun. There's one thing that almost every girl I've become friends with at uni does, and that's criticise people (other girls) when they aren't around. In my three years, I've met like, 3 that don't do that.

It's petty, its childish, it bothers me greatly, and I'll bet you'll get loads of it.

Can you expand on this? Sounds interesting lol

Original post by Dylann
womens studies or [child] psychology

Nope, animal based course but do not want to say since it is pretty specific
Reply 22
Original post by blueskyblue
Its obviously not a stem

inb4 subject bitching.

Dude heres what you have to do.

In the first few weeks move your seat alot , talk to loads of different girls .

Make a solid batch of girl friends , you don't have to act gay just be yourself , girls like a man . Go for the ones who you have things in common with and will most likely last a long time.

These girls will then introduce you to their friends , who will have a high opinion of you , you will basically have unlimited supply of poontang.

I agree with you in getting to know different people. Thanks
is that a problem?... all the chix will be after u.
Original post by KTT31
So basically out of 50 students I will be the only boy there as I gathered from the university applicant/offer holders day.

The problem is that I will be living on campus (Along with the majority of the students except one or two as I found out from the applicant day.

I have trouble talking to people especially new people and am pretty shy and awkward at first but eventually I come out of my shell.

so have you any tips to deal talking to new people?
Also would it be weird for you to be stuck in the house with the only boy in the course?
Have you been in a simmilar situation?

:s-smilie:

I would not worry about it too much. It takes me awhile to get to know people too. :smile:

The best thing to do is to try and ignore any of the girls that snub you. I was snubbed a few times during the first year of my Access course. The second year was a lot better because I managed to establish my own friendship group.
(edited 9 years ago)
I wouldn't be worried at all. Just be nice to the new people you meet and don't hold back on talking to new people. Everyone will be in the same boat and will also be looking to make friends so it's the perfect chance for you to start up a conversation with someone :3 Don't be worried about only being around girls. I mean, maybe you'll have to get used to them stressing about their hair or make up going wrong, but otherwise if they're a nice group, you'll be fine, gender doesn't matter. :smile:
Reply 26
if you aren't already the puntang maester I am very disappoint

Quick Reply

Latest