Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I thought most of the people on here are often quite intelligent but honestly, as a girl, some of the stuff I read scares me.

In the past week I've read threads such as 'men paying for sex is the fault of women for not giving out enough', 'feminism needs to be abolished', 'i'd hate to be a women as it's the weaker sex', 'girls deceive behind make up and then get boys to marry them', 'women are getting progressively uglier'.

I'm not trying to criticise every user on TSR, but honestly, is this the view of most boys? Because if it is it really worries me? Or am I just reading the most ridiculous threads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i-love-coffee)
    I thought most of the people on here are often quite intelligent but honestly, as a girl, some of the stuff I read scares me.

In the past week I've read threads such as 'men paying for sex is the fault of women for not giving out enough', 'feminism needs to be abolished', 'i'd hate to be a women as it's the weaker sex', 'girls deceive behind make up and then get boys to marry them', 'women are getting progressively uglier'.

I'm not trying to criticise every user on TSR, but honestly, is this the view of most boys? Because if it is it really worries me? Or am I just reading the most ridiculous threads?
    Feminism has become really an ugly movement. They do not have one set goal or ideal. Some "wings" of feminism are worryingly radical to extremes that call for male eradication. This worries men as there is no central feminist group that speaks for the movement. So it sends out mixed messages.

Some people will say that is just one person saying some nasty things. However it is not just one person, there is plenty of these so called feminists spreading what can only be described as hate speech.

Now why would any male get behind an organisation which allows people to preach this under the guise of feminism?

There are some very valid point brought up from feminism, however they do not have one set goal for the benefit of all.

ReputationRep:
    People on the internet are either the nicest people ever, or the most horrible people ever. The thing is, the people who are horrible will most likely not say these things in real life!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not

ReputationRep:
    I agree with all the anti feminist threads, feminism as a movement rather than a definition shouldn't be relevant in western society anymore.

The rest sound like troll threads

ReputationRep:
    Except for the feminist thing, all the comments you mentioned are provocative and intended to get a rise out of people. Those comments don't really represent the majority view of TSR users.

But certainly lots of TSR users are anti-feminist, as they regard western feminism as redundant and frivolous.

ReputationRep:
    Tsr is either made up of white knights or woman haters. No inbetween :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I've been on TSR under different accounts since 2009, and there has most definitely been a rise in strange, misogynistic teenage boys on here. I don't really understand it but there way go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TolerantBeing)
    I've been on TSR under different accounts since 2009, and there has most definitely been a rise in strange, misogynistic teenage boys on here. I don't really understand it but there way go.
    Mini Elliott Rodgerses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plusC)
    I agree with all the anti feminist threads, feminism as a movement rather than a definition shouldn't be relevant in western society anymore.

The rest sound like troll threads

Yeah but the anti-feminism on TSR is actually a hell of a lot louder than the feminism....The anti-feminist threads massively outweigh the feminist ones, I really fail to see the point. Feminism effects none of our daily lives, if you all think it's a non issue then why whine about it all the time?

Don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know for sure, but this might correlate with the rise of the new age feminists who keep pushing some ****ing ridiculous ideas and theories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Don't know for sure, but this might correlate with the rise of the new age feminists who keep pushing some ****ing ridiculous ideas and theories.

Theories? :lolwut:

Rubbish, outside of TSR I barely ever hear about feminism. But on here, the anti-feminism threads keep coming and coming. You all need to find a new interest, a relevant one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Tsr is either made up of white knights or woman haters. No inbetween :lol:
    I am in the in-between.

I have been laid enough that I don't feel vengeful towards women kind, but not enough that I see them as objects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    Mini Elliott Rodgerses
    But with even less balls.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but the anti-feminism on TSR is actually a hell of a lot louder than the feminism....The anti-feminist threads massively outweigh the feminist ones, I really fail to see the point. Feminism effects none of our daily lives, if you all think it's a non issue then why whine about it all the time?

Don't get it.
    I personally don't whine about it all that much, some guys *cough* drake10 *cough* jamieTT are practically obsessed with feminism, I do get fired up when I see sexist double standards and people not following logic when making judgements about the opposite sex, something tumblr feminists seem to do all the time.

I don't think ''Feminism effects none of our daily lives'' is entirely accurate, sometimes it will lead to unfair convictions or people pretending to be victimised when they are in fact not (re:radical feminists)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    I am in the in-between.

I have been laid enough that I don't feel vengeful towards women kind, but not enough that I see them as objects
    You're deffo more of a white knight judging by your posts the other week on the 'post a pic of yourself thread' when you were arse wiping the fastlove girl :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Theories? :lolwut:

Rubbish, outside of TSR I barely ever hear about feminism. But on here, the anti-feminism threads keep coming and coming. You all need to find a new interest, a relevant one.
    Articles and papers are littered with feminism crap. Just a few days ago there was one on the guardian about how men are the weaker sex and that provoked some anti-feminism here. It goes back for quite a while actually - last year I remember a period where there was as much talk about feminism as Islam in D&CA, and there were some truly ridiculous claims being made, like how that last of us game was sexist (just an example that stuck to my head) lolwut.

There are a couple of notable TSR members who are quite, well, unwavering with their very pro-feminism views. I won't name names, but they have definitely played a part in provoking some of the responses.

Some of are obviously trolls, but I don't disagree with some anti-feminist sentiments. By definition, clearly every sane and sensible person agrees with feminism. But this is not what it has become. It is now a label that has been hijacked by the extreme, who are the ones airing their views on the media.

Note this is not the same as anti-female.

ReputationRep:
    You're deffo more of a white knight judging by your posts the other week on the 'post a pic of yourself thread' when you were arse wiping the fastlove girl :rofl:
    shots fired

ReputationRep:
    Nah I wasn't really standing up for 'her' I was taking the opportunity to rip into a complete tit on here

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.