Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you go for a 'pretty boy'? Watch

Girls and guys would you go for/out with a pretty boy, a guy who usually has more feminine features/looks after himself, is noticeably attractive

Or do you prefer more masculine guys or do you not care?

If we're going purely of looks here,

I know pretty guys are often described as vain for whatever reason (which may be true or not, idk)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Girls and guys would you go for/out with a pretty boy, a guy who usually has more feminine features/looks after himself, is noticeably attractive

I know pretty guys are often described as vain for whatever reason (which may be true or not, idk)
    Masculine for sure!

ReputationRep:
    If I was a girl I'd go for the manly guys.

ReputationRep:
    No Im Straight.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest it depends on the personality of the guy. Looks after a while are a minor thing.

ReputationRep:
    Masculine men with beards and abit of an edge > pretty boys

Pretty boys are adorable but nah

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's got a beard now though, beards are like the new Nando's.

ReputationRep:
    And if you haven't got a beard then chances are you're wearing a snapback backwards instead, especially at the gym. Dat originality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    This.

Not everyone suits a beard also, such force.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    I think it'd take me about a year to grow a beard even if I wanted one. I don't see it as a bad thing though, it means I can get away shaving the night before work when I'm on the early shift.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I prefer masculine guys with a bit of fat on them and some facial fuzz but you can't always help who you fall for so I would just go with the flow and like who I like regardless, of they were the type I thought I would go for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    I prefer masculine guys with a bit of fat on them and some facial fuzz but you can't always help who you fall for so I would just go with the flow and like who I like regardless, of they were the type I thought I would go for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thing is you are likely not as attractive as you could be and you are too lazy to become more attractive. So you have decided that you cannot get non-fat guys, so you rationalize this by saying that you like guys with a bit of fat on them, to make yourself not feel guilty about settling for less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pussy Galore)
    Thing is you are likely not as attractive as you could be and you are too lazy to become more attractive. So you have decided that you cannot get non-fat guys, so you rationalize this by saying that you like guys with a bit of fat on them, to make yourself not feel guilty about settling for less.
    That's rude. People are allowed to like different things

OP, Yeah. I like pretty boys, prefer them to really "manly" looking guys. A guy who visibly grooms, is well dressed, and "pretty" is awesome
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pussy Galore)
    Nah I disagree with you because I'm actually happy with my looks and that I have had interest from 'non-fat' guys. Just because I like guys with some meat on them doesn't mean I'm settling for second best because 'I'm scared I'm not attractive enough for someone who is hot and in shape'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To put it simply: no. I've never been attracted to pretty boys (with maybe the odd exception).

Give me a guy who's rough and ready, doesn't mind you fluffing up his hair, and has stubble any day :sexface:

(there is a line between the above description and full-on hobo that should not be crossed though :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

If it's a face i would want to wake up to then yeah why not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    Completely this. Who really wants to have to use hedge clippers and ear protectors every time you get intimate?

I would always be happy with a cute guy if he's nice. For me, personality and confidence matters more than looks though. Oh and a clean shave. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what the definition of pretty boys is. I wouldn't want a high maintenance lad that spends three hours gelling his hair and fake tanning (no offence to anyone, just not my thing), but groomed is always attractive. Men who visibly take care of themselves without being arrogant or vain are nice.

I think my physical preference would be "pretty boys" (I'm thinking like the lanky tall ones with lovely hair), but it's really down to personality. The looks are just what originally catch my eye.

Tbh , manly or not, I just like them to be taller than me because I'm lanky myself and I want to be able to wear heels without breaking my neck to talk to them.

ReputationRep:
    Incidentally, my rep game is on point atm. Just thought I'd mention..

ReputationRep:
    I like pretty boys. As long as they aren't vain (same goes for traditionally 'masculine' guys too though) then I'm definitely a fan of a sweet looking guy. That's always been something I find quite attractive. That said, I'm someone that doesn't have a very defined 'type' so the guys I date tend to be a real mix of things lookswise. It's more about personality really, overall.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.