Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys! Hope this is on the correct part of the forum.

So, as you all know this is about GCSE German Retake.

I am a A-Level student who is coming to the end of the year.

While I was doing GCSE's, German was one of my options. I ended up getting a miserable D grade at the end of it. This was mostly down to the actual exams as I was entered for the foundation paper .

I remember getting good marks for the oral exam and the controlled assessments. I wanted to know, if it was possible to retake the exams privately and also if I am able to carry forward the old marks from the oral section and the controlled assessment, so that I don't have to do them again.

I think, I should be able to ask my school to allow me to retake as a private candidate, so the main question is whether I can carry forward old assessment grades/marks. The exam board was AQA.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    No replies yet? Guessing no one has an answer?

ReputationRep:
    I'm enquiring to be a private candidate for gcse german as my school didn't even offer the course. Basically you firstly need to find an exam board that offers german gcse as a private candidate (aqa, Edexcel definitely do), it think aqa even let's you submit previous coursework from your original course...
    then you need to enquire as to where you can take your exams. The websites have a list of exam/ centres and schools that allow private candidates. You're best bet is emailing them all and explaining your situation. Once you find one in your nearest area contact the examining board and they'll arrange it all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cool. That's really helpful. Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.