Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone really know what love is? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't quite understand how adults can tell young people that they don't know what love is. Does anyone really know what love is? I don't think it's right to be so judgmental on someone just becuase of their age.

ReputationRep:
    Love is more to me than just a word you know. I love love, I love it!

And if that's wrong, then I don't want to be right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    Love is more to me than just a word you know. I love love, I love it!

And if that's wrong, then I don't want to be right!
    Love is technically just a chemical cocktail of neurotransmitters i.e oxytonin, serotonin and dopamine. We just react to certain stimuli...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MylittlePlusle)
    Love is technically just a chemical cocktail of neurotransmitters i.e oxytonin, serotonin and dopamine. We just react to certain stimuli...
    Why did you make this thred if you already know the sansweer :teeheE:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    Why did you make this thred if you already know the sansweer :teeheE:
    Because adults tell young people that they don't know what love is. How can they say that. Why do they think they know what love is just becuase they are 30-40+?

ReputationRep:
    Because adults tell young people that they don't know what love is. How can they say that. Why do they think they know what love is just becuase they are 30-40+?
    Well how do I know if I am only 16?

ReputationRep:
    No.

This is the physical/chemical occurrence within the body when love comes about, and only for certain types of love which provide great enjoyment/excitement - such as being with/having sex with your beloved partner.

There is also love which causes grief - such as love for a troublesome family member.

Love is more than just chemical changes within the body.

ReputationRep:
    What is love?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

ReputationRep:
    Love is in your brain. The brain is not yet understood. So no. We can't even explain consciousness, nevermind love.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.