Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

First Day at John Lewis watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

So I have my first day working at John Lewis next Saturday (26th) and I wondered if anyone who works there/has worked there can tell me what it will be like? I'd be really grateful if someone can give me some advice on what to expect!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran245)
    Hi everyone,

So I have my first day working at John Lewis next Saturday (26th) and I wondered if anyone who works there/has worked there can tell me what it will be like? I'd be really grateful if someone can give me some advice on what to expect!

Thanks
    Congratulations on your new job! I don't know if this will help but I've worked in a Waitrose/John lewis store.. There was a lot of help on my first day and I had to shadow other workers.. so it wasn't as daunting as I thought it would be

Also, I just wanted to ask. Do you remember the questions they asked at the John Lewis group & individual assessment..? I've got one a few days and I'm trying to prepare for it. Thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedaa)
    Congratulations on your new job! I don't know if this will help but I've worked in a Waitrose/John lewis store.. There was a lot of help on my first day and I had to shadow other workers.. so it wasn't as daunting as I thought it would be

Also, I just wanted to ask. Do you remember the questions they asked at the John Lewis group & individual assessment..? I've got one a few days and I'm trying to prepare for it. Thanks so much!
    Were you the only new partner in your department? I'm kinda nervous ehehehe

My interview was actually in Feb, so a long long time ago ekk.

I remember having to answer a list of about 5 questions about yourself like - where you see yourself in x years, biggest achievement, what you can bring to the partnership and what customer service means to you etc etc. We had a group task about a desert island where 10 people were stranded. You had to save 5 and leave 5 and present your ideas to the entire group. We also had a presentation about the partnership and asked the existing partners any questions we had. Personally, I never had a 1-1 interview and instead we just filled out forms about availability etc. I really wouldn't stress too much about it because it's actually really quite laid back (more than you might think for JL). Just try to voice your opinions without overshadowing others and make sure you SMILE

Good luck, let me know how it goes???? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran245)
    Were you the only new partner in your department? I'm kinda nervous ehehehe

My interview was actually in Feb, so a long long time ago ekk.

I remember having to answer a list of about 5 questions about yourself like - where you see yourself in x years, biggest achievement, what you can bring to the partnership and what customer service means to you etc etc. We had a group task about a desert island where 10 people were stranded. You had to save 5 and leave 5 and present your ideas to the entire group. We also had a presentation about the partnership and asked the existing partners any questions we had. Personally, I never had a 1-1 interview and instead we just filled out forms about availability etc. I really wouldn't stress too much about it because it's actually really quite laid back (more than you might think for JL). Just try to voice your opinions without overshadowing others and make sure you SMILE

Good luck, let me know how it goes???? x
    I was one of many.. like 7 newbies in the department.
    Wow, that was a long time ago.

I heard they transformed the whole interview process since then. I'm going to try see what I can find and prepare though, hopefully I can get a job like you! Thank you for the tips, I'll definitely try to speak up and smile!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedaa)
    I was one of many.. like 7 newbies in the department.
    Wow, that was a long time ago.

I heard they transformed the whole interview process since then. I'm going to try see what I can find and prepare though, hopefully I can get a job like you! Thank you for the tips, I'll definitely try to speak up and smile!
    Good luck!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.