The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonynous
Just habit, I suppose. Why do you so this? Idk the people there are nice af, could see myself enjoying it. I spent an hour talking to head of EMEA rates desk about what pranks they pull on their summer interns amongst other serious stuff.

During the week, about 3 hours is sent on the desk and if you want to see IBD. It's not even on the desk it's just group discussion.
The people are fine, yeah, lots of banks have great people. Honestly look deeply into these spring weeks. Barclays is one of the worst

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone did citi numerical? Fkin joke, wonder who can actually get through
Original post by Aenigma
During the week, about 3 hours is sent on the desk and if you want to see IBD. It's not even on the desk it's just group discussion.
The people are fine, yeah, lots of banks have great people. Honestly look deeply into these spring weeks. Barclays is one of the worst

Posted from TSR Mobile

How would you rank them?
Original post by Anonynous
How would you rank them?

Was the offer I considered the least and rejected the most quickly.
Wouldn't rank then highly at all. Probably worst of the BBs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smashzeJ

Don't worry I did it and thought the same but got an email today to say I passed, I can't imagine the cutoff being particularly high, hardest test I've done by far.
Are any ibd's filled other than db? I sent most off about a month ago and have had no correspondence whatsoever from any.
Have any CS offers been handed out?
Also, how are people prepping for phone interviews? Feel like my way is too OTT
Original post by President M.E.
Also, how are people prepping for phone interviews? Feel like my way is too OTT

What is 'your way'?
Reply 2289
How about everybody share his preferences ? Because I actually know about the prestige of the banks but not about the conversion rates or the quality of their SW.

Blindly I would have gone in order with GS, MS, JpM, UBS, (DB which I failed), BAML, Citi
(edited 9 years ago)

I did. Do you think the boundary is high? I felt the same way about the RBS numerical, but managed to pass.

any ideas when we will hear back about our results?
From inside information within Citi I've heard that if you get less than 80 % on the numerical, the possibility to get an interview drops quite significantly.
Original post by Manuelle
I did. Do you think the boundary is high? I felt the same way about the RBS numerical, but managed to pass.

any ideas when we will hear back about our results?

From inside information within Citi I've heard that if you get less than 80 % on the numerical, the possibility to get an interview drops quite significantly.
Original post by Mralpha

Benchmark is 65th percentile and numerical tests scores are usually a binary pass/fail that don't carry forward

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rejection from CS/DB/BarCap. Waiting on others, hopefully we hear from the rest before the Christmas break!
citi numerical tore me a new one, ****ed up at least 4 qs easily, fml
Original post by welcometoib
citi numerical tore me a new one, ****ed up at least 4 qs easily, fml

I probably got 1 q right lol
I probably got 1 q right lol

Same here. Won't they react if many of the potential candidates find their tests too difficult? It frankly seemed even more complex than the famous RBS numerical.
Reply 2298
Original post by $$$stackemup$$$
Rejection from CS/DB/BarCap. Waiting on others, hopefully we hear from the rest before the Christmas break!

I got rejected from Barclays, which i didnt really care about :smile:
but still on the go with CS MS & BAML interviews... waiting on the others to reply... (applied to 7) DB hasn't sent me anything after my numerical.... only finished Citi two days ago and still waiting to hear from back them, i reckon i passed since I have not been rejected yet lol.

When did CS reject you? after phone interview? I will have mine next week...
Original post by blix2
I got rejected from Barclays, which i didnt really care about :smile:
but still on the go with CS MS & BAML interviews... waiting on the others to reply... (applied to 7) DB hasn't sent me anything after my numerical.... only finished Citi two days ago and still waiting to hear from back them, i reckon i passed since I have not been rejected yet lol.

When did CS reject you? after phone interview? I will have mine next week...

When did you submit your application to Barclays?

Latest

Trending

Trending