The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mco10
hmmm a phone call maybe, coffee? im broke. have you done this before?

thanks

if your broke for a coffee your doin sth wrong bro. networking 101.

write him a very short message stating who u are, how u found his connection and if he would have the time to chat over the phone this/that week. have questions prepared aka do ur research about his profile and keep the conversation flow/professional. youll find out if he likes you and if its worth taking the relationship further soon enough. good luck
Original post by welcometoib
youve got ubs and gs and jpm left yet right? Chin up bro, getting one of these is very hard! No, havent got **** yet lol

ubs and gs yeah and I think blackrock fi aswell, waiting to hear back from icap, jpm I got rejected. want the bulge bracket so bad:frown: where did u get interviews from?
Quick question everyone. I've read the banks normally want a one page CV. Is this what you guys are sending, or are you using a two page CV?
Original post by Bdoskail
Quick question everyone. I've read the banks normally want a one page CV. Is this what you guys are sending, or are you using a two page CV?

more than one is suicide, ESP at sw stage
Guys, for why HSBC, i am genuinely stumped. Any help?
Reply 5045
Original post by smashzeJ
if your broke for a coffee your doin sth wrong bro. networking 101.

write him a very short message stating who u are, how u found his connection and if he would have the time to chat over the phone this/that week. have questions prepared aka do ur research about his profile and keep the conversation flow/professional. youll find out if he likes you and if its worth taking the relationship further soon enough. good luck

yh i did think the coffee this was :/

but yh .. thank you :smile:
Original post by paradeplatz
GS interview

did you get it today (saturday)?
Original post by Bdoskail

Always one page.

Guys, for why HSBC, i am genuinely stumped. Any help?

Values, values, values. Everything is about waht your values are and how they fit with HSBC.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Always one page.

Values, values, values. Everything is about waht your values are and how they fit with HSBC.

so how open dep connected collate with my experiences and then bs about fit etc
so how open dep connected collate with my experiences and then bs about fit etc

I'ma send you everything later. Wait when's your int again?
I got my interview invite last night, it is for IBD. I made some pressure as my JPM/CS offers will exceed very soon. GS has restructured the interview process and therfore there will be multiple rounds of interviews, unfortunately. So dont lose hope, folks!
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I'ma send you everything later. Wait when's your int again?

cheers bro. 1.30 tomorrow
Original post by ProjectNr2
did you get it today (saturday)?

yo man did hsbc go ok! :smile:
Original post by paradeplatz
I got my interview invite last night, it is for IBD. I made some pressure as my JPM/CS offers will exceed very soon. GS has restructured the interview process and therfore there will be multiple rounds of interviews, unfortunately. So dont lose hope, folks!

does gs clash with cs and jpm? two awesome banks, if they did id take them instead no? each to their own, good luck! :smile: how many rounds?
Hi guys! Anyone could help me with an email template asking to have my application fast-tracked due to having other offers? Don't want to sound to arrogant or to give too little information. Thank you in advance!
Original post by ^ForTheDream^
Hi guys! Anyone could help me with an email template asking to have my application fast-tracked due to having other offers? Don't want to sound to arrogant or to give too little information. Thank you in advance!

there is no template, tell the bank the banks you have the exploding offers from, the stronger the name of the banks you have offers from, greater the chance of fast track. then just say the spiel of why you would prefer the emailed bank moreso

unless you have an offer which actually clashes with that particular bank's your waiting on, you shouldnt email them just saying you got an offer from this and that bank, in my opinion. however if it does clashes, you should definitely send them an email saying you are considering to accept an offer from bank X, however since it is their firm that is your top choice, you were wondering if they could get back to you on your application sooner, if its possible.
yo man did hsbc go ok! :smile:

yea it was alright. It was 30 min though and a bit more in depth than other peoples (dont ask me why lol :biggrin:)
But the questions weren´t hard in particular, just the phone quality was insanely bad
there is no template, tell the bank the banks you have the exploding offers from, the stronger the name of the banks you have offers from, greater the chance of fast track. then just say the spiel of why you would prefer the emailed bank moreso

Thanks mate! Is the "exploding" the term that I should use? And then, I could just say: However, I prefer X Bank because of its strong position in the market and the people I have met at quite a few events these past months.

Original post by smashzeJ
unless you have an offer which actually clashes with that particular bank's your waiting on, you shouldnt email them just saying you got an offer from this and that bank, in my opinion. however if it does clashes, you should definitely send them an email saying you are considering to accept an offer from bank X, however since it is their firm that is your top choice, you were wondering if they could get back to you on your application sooner, if its possible.

I see. That is exactly what I was thinking. Thank you!
Thanks mate! Is the "exploding" the term that I should use? And then, I could just say: However, I prefer X Bank because of its strong position in the market and the people I have met at quite a few events these past months.

I see. That is exactly what I was thinking. Thank you!

yes use the word exploding, and what youve said is correct :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending