The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welcometoib
just like with ms, if you do econ/finance, prepare techs.

I study Business Administration... tough I haven't had any "finance-relevant" subjects yet... Do you think I have to prepare for technical questions as well? :-( I always inform myself about big issues but I wouldn't say I'm totally up-to-date. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
anyone heard from jpm ibd? any offers/rejections this week?
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Congratulations, what division have you applied for?

finance
Anyone who did the RBS interview, were there any questions on commercial awareness?
Still nothing from CS or GS.

Didn't want a SW anyway, pfft.
My GS says completely competency based aswell, hoping for no technicals even though i study a finance related degree.
Original post by Emily941
anyone heard from jpm ibd? any offers/rejections this week?

I have an offer for jpm ib&risk.
Model an LBO and the potential exit multiples by each industry you know...

Original post by ^ForTheDream^
Hi mate! What kind of in-depth GS questions did you get? :biggrin:
Could anyone tell me the dates for CS IBD, Equities and Fixed Income? GS is going to be from the 7-17th of april, hopefully they dont clash if one recieve offers from both.
Original post by Mralpha
Could anyone tell me the dates for CS IBD, Equities and Fixed Income? GS is going to be from the 7-17th of april, hopefully they dont clash if one recieve offers from both.

first week is 23-27 march, second week is 13-17 :smile: how you prepping for cs? and **** gs, if i get two separate sws between 7-17th what would i do then :confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by paradeplatz
Model an LBO and the potential exit multiples by each industry you know...

Did you know the answer to these?

Lol, I couldn't answer them.
At the end of my interview, I was asked if I had any other interviews/ offers. I told her I had an offer (accepted), but that it didn't clash with the SW I'm interviewing for now. Besides that, I feel good about my performance.

Do you think any bank would reject you for the above mentioned reason? The wait for offer/ rejection post-interview isn't too pleasant.

Edit: My offer is at a higher ranked bank (I said the bank's name)
Original post by welcometoib
first week is 27-30, second week is 13-17 :smile: how you prepping for cs? and **** gs, if i get two separate sws between 7-17th what would i do then :confused:

Thanks! I am going to prep for CS between the 26th-29th after my interview with GS. Hopefully I wont get any technicals since my main study is within engineering, even though I also study econ at a different uni. Gotta hope for the best
Original post by limpan142
At the end of my interview, I was asked if I had any other interviews/ offers. I told her I had an offer (accepted), but that it didn't clash with the SW I'm interviewing for now. Besides that, I feel good about my performance.

Do you think any bank would reject you for the above mentioned reason? The wait for offer/ rejection post-interview isn't too pleasant.

which bank?

ive been asked that at end of my ints as well, i thought initially it sounded bad but it just really means they keep note of it and will come back quicker

I think its good, just gives them another reason to pick you. Rivalry between banks you know.
Original post by snowwhite_123
I have an offer for jpm ib&risk.

when was your interview? and when did you receive your offer?
How many interview stages are there at GS Securities div?
Original post by MathsNerd1
As a current second year, I can tell you that it takes quite a lot to fail a year, I think only 5 people out of 250 people failed last year on my course. You will be fine.

Thanks that made me feel better :biggrin:
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Convert a spring and you're good to go.. but fair enough. My advice isn't wise.

lol don't worry I see where you are getting at

After all of my interviews I told them about all my other offers and have gotten the place. They do 'like' when you have other offers as it means you are a good candidate, dedicated etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending