The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DXG
Did you guys get the invite by phone or email?

By email today.

Does anyone have any tips on preparing technical questions, the level of knowledge expected from a non-finance grad?
Original post by Purple_fox
After all of my interviews I told them about all my other offers and have gotten the place. They do 'like' when you have other offers as it means you are a good candidate, dedicated etc.

oh! well thats good :smile: didnt realise that haha
with all banks now giving out ints, is it possible to make a timetable of the spring week schedule in easter? want to know specific banks like rotsh etc
Goldman Sachs securities interview :yy:
Original post by The Polymath

Welcome to the team!
Original post by The Polymath

when did you get it?
Original post by Purple_fox
After all of my interviews I told them about all my other offers and have gotten the place. They do 'like' when you have other offers as it means you are a good candidate, dedicated etc.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Feels reassuring.
You have firstly to think which industries are matching with the PE fund in order to get an exit within 1-2years. Matching in this case means: generates stable cashflows which you can model easily (think: which industries are stable? which not?). The PE firm needs that cash in their pocket because they will use it to repay the debt they will need to get the LBO done. Now the question is how much debt do we need? What is the ideal leverage ratio? Generally speaking you will have a ratio of around 60:40 to 75:25 debt:equity or even higher...that is the base case...try to think how an exit can look like, what the ideal scenario is in terms of capital structure and so on... :smile:
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Did you know the answer to these?

Lol, I couldn't answer them.
Original post by paradeplatz
You have firstly to think which industries are matching with the PE fund in order to get an exit within 1-2years. Matching in this case means: generates stable cashflows which you can model easily (think: which industries are stable? which not?). The PE firm needs that cash in their pocket because they will use it to repay the debt they will need to get the LBO done. Now the question is how much debt do we need? What is the ideal leverage ratio? Generally speaking you will have a ratio of around 60:40 to 75:25 debt:equity or even higher...that is the base case...try to think how an exit can look like, what the ideal scenario is in terms of capital structure and so on... :smile:

How about the motivational questions? Any "What is GS' stock price or community involvement, etc" ?
Sure, what is your motivation for applying at GS?
Original post by ^ForTheDream^
How about the motivational questions? Any "What is GS' stock price or community involvement, etc" ?
Original post by paradeplatz
Sure, what is your motivation for applying at GS?

Thanks!
Original post by chloe_ccjy
Mine is selected for first round of interview. Had my interview 2 weeks back, but I'm not sure when will results be out :/ interview didn't go too well though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey i had an interview for winning women as well, and the guy told me they will let everyone know by the 23rd :smile: Haven't heard anything yet :/ my interview was a bit disastrous, don't think i spoke in actual sentences :/
For gs ibd did it say first round? And is securities 2 rounds?
has anyone already received an inv for int for gs tech?
Reply 5534
Does anyone have the link to the UBS login page?
Original post by madvillainy
has anyone already received an inv for int for gs tech?

Nope still waiting for tech

Posted from TSR Mobile
what is your app status - received or under review? mine is received
Original post by madvillainy
what is your app status - received or under review? mine is received

Mines received as well. I applied for summer but they emailed saying they were changing me to spring as I'm not in my penultimate year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shaanz
Does anyone have the link to the UBS login page?

If you go back to about 5 days ago, it's there bro
Original post by AC1995
Hey, just out of interest, what does it say under 'Under Review' for your applications? Have 'We are in the process of reviewing your application and will contact you shortly regarding your status.' for SEC and 'You will be contacted should the appropriate position become available that matches your qualifications.' for GIR. Cheers!

For SEC I have an interview, for GIR it says 'We are in the process of reviewing your application and will contact you shortly regarding your status' and for IMD it says 'You will be contacted should the appropriate position become available that matches your qualifications'.