The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by france94
Has anyone received a 1st round interview invitation from GS IMD? Mine still says application under review. Is it possible that they will be reaching out later regarding the IMD division?

Quite possibly, I'm in the same predicament.
Original post by Purple_fox
Final round GS! Back to London again

Which division? Any IMD second round interviews?
Original post by france94
Has anyone received a 1st round interview invitation from GS IMD? Mine still says application under review. Is it possible that they will be reaching out later regarding the IMD division?

I haven't heard anyone applying to IMD with an interview invite on here yet. All Sec, IBD and GIR so far. Probably not many places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are people with GS securities preparing?
Original post by SuDa2103
Had mine last Friday so it's been a week. How about you?

Had mine on Wednesday :frown:

How did you feel yours went?
Original post by AC1995
Yep, I guess that makes the 3 of us so far. Did you receive your invite on Wednesday as well, and is it next Tuesday as well?

How many interview invites do you reckon they've given out? There were only 12 slots available (there weren't any gaps when I booked) and in previous years they've had 12/13 spots for GIR, so if those are the only slots we stand a pretty good chance by the looks of things...?

Yeah all slots were available when I booked as well. I didn't know they had so few, though I'd be surprised if they only had one day of interviews - hopefully we can take that as a good thing though.
Original post by springinsight
Yeah all slots were available when I booked as well. I didn't know they had so few, though I'd be surprised if they only had one day of interviews - hopefully we can take that as a good thing though.

Last year they interviewed lots of people in each time spot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Manuelle
Citi Women - March 30 - April 1st. Do you hold an offer?

Thanks! Yes :smile: They called me like 10d ago, but haven't sent any email with details yet :/
Original post by Aenigma
Last year they interviewed lots of people in each time spot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh, ok. That explains a lot, cheers! Any general tips for GS interviews? :tongue:
Original post by AC1995
Ohhh, ok. That explains a lot, cheers! Any general tips for GS interviews? :tongue:

Know you're stuff and don't be an ass. Fit is important and they really try to avoid people that follow the alpha-macho-mysogyny stereotype (ie those of you that we're posting the mysogynistic IB-quotes of the day...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sent the stuff to those that asked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Sent the stuff to those that asked

Posted from TSR Mobile

Degree, uni, year, offers/interviews?
Original post by Hazard10i
Degree, uni, year, offers/interviews?

penultimate,
interviews and SA offers from everywhere I applied
Original post by Aenigma
penultimate,
interviews and SA offers from everywhere I applied

You have my respect.
Original post by Aenigma
Know you're stuff and don't be an ass. Fit is important and they really try to avoid people that follow the alpha-macho-mysogyny stereotype (ie those of you that we're posting the mysogynistic IB-quotes of the day...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cmon man
You have my respect.

Thanks,
Although I'd prefer to gain respect by helping so shoot me a pm if have any questions

Good luck with it all :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have my respect.

Would that not be dependent on the number of places applied to. Even then, respect shouldn't be subject to the amount of internship offers attained. Provides for a very shallow environment :frown:

Spoiler

Original post by Abdul-Karim

Spoiler

Hahahhaha fair enough!

Original post by Aenigma
Thanks,
Although I'd prefer to gain respect by helping so shoot me a pm if have any questions

Good luck with it all :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks man! Will do :smile:
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Would that not be dependent on the number of places applied to. Even then, respect shouldn't be subject to the amount of internship offers attained. Provides for a very shallow environment :frown:

Spoiler

Completely agree with you, actually. I'd prefer to be respected as a person
Applied to 7 BBs, i think.
what's a convincing excuse to tell HR to avoid having to commute to some faraway city for an interview and instead doing it over the phone? lazy ass ikr, seriously tho. tips appreciated thx