The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6120
Anyone still waiting to hear from GS Securities? Also, has anyone heard back from Morgan Stanley after their first interview?
Original post by Akanni
I had my GS IMD interview on Friday, and one of my friends has their GS IMD interview next friday.

Me too. Do you know if there are 2nd round interviews?
Hmm... should I be worried that when I click on my CV in the UBS CV manager it pops up with 'This CV has not been submitted to any jobs?' :confused:
Any word from Citi?
Anyone applied to Goldman Sachs for Investment Management (Private Wealth Management) ??
Original post by Refrigerator
great, thanks! how long after the interview do they take to tell you whether you got the offer or not?

had my interview last thursday, yet to hear back.
Original post by Lorenzo.S
Anyone applied to Goldman Sachs for Investment Management (Private Wealth Management) ??

Yes, I applied to PWM. No response from GS and status still says application received. Yourself?
Original post by Toda
On a different topic, having read through this forum, do you think a candidate is at a disadvantage if they're not from a 'target' uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think yes, but only to a limited extent - if you are a good, passionate candidate you can get in from virtually any uni. I think part of the reason (other than being strong universities in themselves with a track record of past successes) that target unis are so well represented is that spring weeks and their importance are a lot more highly emphasised to students. Personally I am at a pretty much non-target but strong Russell group uni; so I far I have three interview invites and four (pre-interview) rejections.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
Yes, I applied to PWM. No response from GS and status still says application received. Yourself?

Neither...I submitted my application early in December but it is still under consideration.

Was selected to attend a couple of events at Goldman's London offices on Fleet Street so I could mention that in my application.

Also, I have done a couple of internship abroad, although not directly finance-related.

How about yourself? What do you study and where?
Original post by Lorenzo.S
Neither...I submitted my application early in December but it is still under consideration.

Was selected to attend a couple of events at Goldman's London offices on Fleet Street so I could mention that in my application.

Also, I have done a couple of internship abroad, although not directly finance-related.

How about yourself? What do you study and where?

Haha at least yours is under consideration. But to be fair I submitted my application in January.

Study Law at Durham University, gap year xp in Markets at a BB, summer PB internship at a BB pre uni and some law work experience.

I am not really optimistic now though... Seems like a lot of people have had GS interviews already.
When are you guys having your GS Interview today? (Sec)
Reply 6131
Original post by Mralpha
When are you guys having your GS Interview today? (Sec)

Original post by CD315

Good luck man, feel prepared?
Reply 6133
Original post by Mralpha
Good luck man, feel prepared?

Reasonably, you?
Original post by CD315
Reasonably, you?

Could have been better. Sitting here at work trying to read as much as possible haha
Reply 6135
Original post by Mralpha
Could have been better. Sitting here at work trying to read as much as possible haha

What time is yours?
Original post by CD315
What time is yours?

16:20 so have some time before to prepare. Have you considered the question "Pitch me a stock och trade" Or "If I gave you 10 million pounds to invest, how would you invest it?". Heard that those questions are used quite frequently
Anything for UBS horizons?
Reply 6138
Original post by Drossell
Anything for UBS horizons?

Haven't heard from them since completing online tests - I believe we're supposed to write a short essay after an initial screening? Maybe that'll be end of this month/early feb?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lazard offer! 8-10th April.

PM for facebook group link :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending