The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got a call from UBS for an interview 2 days ago but until now have not received any email confirmation yet ... is there going to be an issue here :/
Original post by Hazard10i
Batman in Bolu

Batman is not in Bolu you Wildebeest
Has anyone heard back after the online Montage interview for Blackrock?
Original post by gerald131
Has anyone heard back after the online Montage interview for Blackrock?

What were you asked?

Did you get to prepare between questions, or was it a straight fire interview.
Does anyone know the Credit Suisse Recruitment team email? Thanks
Reply 6985
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
They can, but these things are through contacts rather than a formal application.

Incorrect - some firms don't advertise online but have it posted on uni careers service websites.
So... Any GS securities news?
Original post by Abdul-Karim
What were you asked?

Did you get to prepare between questions, or was it a straight fire interview.

I've heard nothing back yet. They're very simple obvious questions.
Original post by LyffePTC

I haven't heard anything back :dontknow:. Someone posted a couple of pages back saying they knew someone who received an offer this morning.

Original post by smile:D
I haven't heard anything back :dontknow:. Someone posted a couple of pages back saying they knew someone who received an offer this morning.

Apart from that one person I mentioned yesterday and two of the Student Challenge winners, I don't know of anyone else who's already got an offer. Also, the GS Facebook page still stands at 28 members, rather than the 160-ish that it'll probably get too. So it's not over yet!
Hi guys, if I want to work in Sales & Trading should I go for the HSBC spring week in global markets or should I go for Lazard? I know Laz don't do S&T but maybe their relatively better brand name will be beneficial in landing S&T at a bb later on....?
Original post by \/ibhav
Apart from that one person I mentioned yesterday and two of the Student Challenge winners, I don't know of anyone else who's already got an offer. Also, the GS Facebook page still stands at 28 members, rather than the 160-ish that it'll probably get too. So it's not over yet!

A few others have also had an offer because they asked Goldman for a quick answer due to being pressured by other firms' offer deadlines (but that's no more than 2-3 people)
Original post by 你妈的B
Hi guys, if I want to work in Sales & Trading should I go for the HSBC spring week in global markets or should I go for Lazard? I know Laz don't do S&T but maybe their relatively better brand name will be beneficial in landing S&T at a bb later on....?

Lazard = advisory elite boutique, brilliant experience for IBD but obiously worthless for S&T - you likely won't learn much to benefit your S&T apps next year and you'll have to explain why you did a spring programme in advisory.

HSBC = not BB, but still a strong, growing bank with a relevant internship for S&T where you can:
A) Improve your knowledge of S&T
B) Start forming a network in the S&T industry
C) Get fast-tracked to a HSBC S&T summer internship for 2016
D) Use to leverage your app for an arguably better bank in summer

In your shoes I'd pick HSBC.

... Though in fairness you can't go wrong with a spring programme to either. Congrats on the offers!
Original post by 你妈的B

Does that mean you received an offer from hsbc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is what I want to know
Barclays final round invite :smile:
Whoever was told by Barclays there is an AC was bs, its one 30 min int for uk students too. Loads of slots open, about 50.
I just got a Barclays email saying that my application is currently being reviewed. Did anyone else get that?
Original post by \/ibhav
I just got a Barclays email saying that my application is currently being reviewed. Did anyone else get that?

When did you interview?
Original post by Abdul-Karim
When did you interview?

19th January.

Latest

Trending

Trending