The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do Goldman Sachs interview?
Original post by bea.watts12
Do Goldman Sachs interview?

Yes sir, every single firm that does a SW interviews. :smile:
Original post by Beige101
Lazard = advisory elite boutique, brilliant experience for IBD but obiously worthless for S&T - you likely won't learn much to benefit your S&T apps next year and you'll have to explain why you did a spring programme in advisory.

HSBC = not BB, but still a strong, growing bank with a relevant internship for S&T where you can:
A) Improve your knowledge of S&T
B) Start forming a network in the S&T industry
C) Get fast-tracked to a HSBC S&T summer internship for 2016
D) Use to leverage your app for an arguably better bank in summer

In your shoes I'd pick HSBC.

... Though in fairness you can't go wrong with a spring programme to either. Congrats on the offers!

great input! thanks. What do you reckon will be the conversion rate for the Lazard SW? I know it's about 70% for HSBC, quite attractive indeed...
Original post by 你妈的B
great input! thanks. What do you reckon will be the conversion rate for the Lazard SW? I know it's about 70% for HSBC, quite attractive indeed...

iirc, it's their first time doing it so it's very difficult to predict. Could be 100% or 0%, they may not even give an opportunity to FT.

Did you recieve the HSBC offer?
MS or BAML? which on to pick?
whats conversion rate for MS??
Original post by mrcool1995
MS or BAML? which on to pick?

MS
Original post by Abdul-Karim
iirc, it's their first time doing it so it's very difficult to predict. Could be 100% or 0%, they may not even give an opportunity to FT.

Did you recieve the HSBC offer?

just considering how much effort to invest in preparing for their interview, given I already have a conflicting lazard offer
Do MS have a Tech SW in Glasgow? I read that they do somewhere but I can't figure out how to apply
Original post by 你妈的B

Asked at interview and was told there's an optional evening during the programme where we can do a case study and presentation to get fast-tracked to AC (will still have to do psychometric tests). Apparently everyone who performs well will be fast-tracked.
Original post by The-Illusionist
Anyone know what to expect from Barclays final round?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just like any other interview I would reckon. Hopefully this wont be the "you talk, HR writes"-type of interview.
When do you have yours?
Original post by The-Illusionist
Anyone know what to expect from Barclays final round?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just like any other interview I would reckon. Hopefully this wont be the "you talk, HR writes"-type of interview.
When do you have your interview?
Reply 7052
Renege on BAML in the event that I get a MS offer or not? I'm definitely doing CS..
GS GIR offer! :smile:
Original post by omgitsfriday
Oh god! Congrats bro!! Did they call you?
(You left me alone now... :frown:)

Yeah called by an 0207 number and I missed the call twice. What's worse is I called back between the first and second and was told Laura wasn't at the desk right now.
Sense that tomorrow is the last day for GS post interview Secs offers...

"I was sitting,waiting,wishing..."
Looks like a few GS divisions have been giving out offers. Does anyone if GS has started giving out Securities offers in particular? Had the interview nearly 2 weeks ago..
Original post by phenolphtalein
Looks like a few GS divisions have been giving out offers. Does anyone if GS has started giving out Securities offers in particular? Had the interview nearly 2 weeks ago..

They have, several members have already been given offers.
What do you guys think? Is tomorrow the day for GS sec and CS offers/rejections?
Original post by cem101
Yeah called by an 0207 number and I missed the call twice. What's worse is I called back between the first and second and was told Laura wasn't at the desk right now.

Haha same number... I thought it would be a no caller id

Latest

Trending

Trending