The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Expert #7451
I'm not even sure if I want to work in a bank this point. I've become increasingly cynical about multinational financial firms the more I've been exposed to them.

inb4 getting rejected for a spring week commences a process which shall turn me into a raging and embittered antiestablishment hippie. god save me

EDIT: Also in my degree it's all final year exams. So 2nd year is stressful since you need to work very hard to study and remember for finals, and it requires a lot of effort to write something eloquent enough to score you a 2:1 or above.

Spoiler

Seriously, it's your choice. No-ones forcing you to get involved in banking.
Reply 7881
Anyone know what type of psychometric tests are used with BAML? Numerical only or logical as well, situational judgement?
Original post by rgdam
Anyone know what type of psychometric tests are used with BAML? Numerical only or logical as well, situational judgement?

Just the numerical :smile:

However, expect situational questions, in interview.
Reply 7883
When do you usually find out whether or not you've converted after the SW?
Original post by CD315
When do you usually find out whether or not you've converted after the SW?

youre invited to a final interview/ac after the sw probably?
Original post by welcometoib

Yeah and they tell you pretty quickly, same timeline as a normal final round interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard from BAML summer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7887
Original post by Aenigma
Yeah and they tell you pretty quickly, same timeline as a normal final round interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you receive your first offer this year (out of curiosity)?
Original post by CD315
When did you receive your first offer this year (out of curiosity)?

Conversion-wise mayish
Otherwise October iirc

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7889
Original post by Aenigma
Conversion-wise mayish
Otherwise October iirc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, May is pretty early. Here's to hoping haha
Original post by CD315
Wow, May is pretty early. Here's to hoping haha

Imagine it's fairly standard. Just after te spring weeks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7891
Original post by welcometoib

Sorry to but in, but what do you mean by conversion? If you perform well in your spring week, do they call you back for an internship next year. I assumed that once you've done the SW you just apply again for the next year internship, please correct me if i am wrong.
Reply 7892
People say a SW is a CV stamp but i didn't know what they mean by that, do you guys thinks that a bit belittling?
Original post by nxjx
Sorry to but in, but what do you mean by conversion? If you perform well in your spring week, do they call you back for an internship next year. I assumed that once you've done the SW you just apply again for the next year internship, please correct me if i am wrong.

you do the sw, a week or two later you are to come back to have an ac, if you pass it you have a summer offer for the next summer, and dont have to stress about any summer apps :smile:
Original post by nxjx
People say a SW is a CV stamp but i didn't know what they mean by that, do you guys thinks that a bit belittling?

What do you mean by this?
Are spring weeks 5 days long?
Reply 7896
Original post by The-Illusionist
Anyone heard from BAML summer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Roughly how long ago did you apply for the summer program?
Original post by newblood
Are spring weeks 5 days long?

For the most part, others are 10.

Depends where you go really. It's a pipeline to a summer.
Reply 7898
Original post by silvertko
Has anybody received this messaged when attempting to apply for the BAML summer insight week - "Thank you for your previous application. Unfortunately we are only processing one application per recruiting year for each candidate. Please login to the communication centre below to check the status of your previous application". If so, how have you managed to get around it?

Did you get that before or after the psychometric test?
I read on the linkedin of someone who's barclays spring week was converted last year, that she was one of 4 out of over a hundred spring interns to be converted. Do you guys think this is true? That the conversion rate is so low, like less than 5%!?!? :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending