The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iCreptio
Some of the Big 4 open even earlier, around mid-July I believe.

Speaking of which do any of us aiming for Big 4 financial advisory ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizzygrant
Speaking of which do any of us aiming for Big 4 financial advisory ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's good experience but a lot of what they do is financial due diligence.Better hours but much lower pay. Would take BB and MM above it obviously.
When will next year spring week vacancies open? If anyone got a list of the date this year it would be brilliant, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
When will next year spring week vacancies open? If anyone got a list of the date this year it would be brilliant, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

September-Aug
There are rare cases when people have been fast-tracked for the same year summer internship. Usually why does this happen?
There are rare cases when people have been fast-tracked for the same year summer internship. Usually why does this happen?

If the person is very good or they network particularly effectively

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apart from BAML is there any banks having summer insight / similar stuff in the August-November period? I noticed that many people have experiences in banks in August / October times.
(edited 9 years ago)
Apart from BAML is there any banks having summer insight / similar stuff in the August-November period? I noticed that many people have experiences in banks in August / October times.

Summer internships probably.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Summer internships probably.

It usually is just within a month though. I know UBS has something called UBS Explore 1 day in that time period. Or are those insight days for women?
It usually is just within a month though. I know UBS has something called UBS Explore 1 day in that time period. Or are those insight days for women?

Haven't a clue, I did some summer insights at MS and HSBC, although these were A level programmes.
Haven't a clue, I did some summer insights at MS and HSBC, although these were A level programmes.

Could have been those A-level programmes then, cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

can you get fast tracked on these a level insight days / are you guaranteed a SW interview?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Schmitzel
can you get fast tracked on these a level insight days / are you guaranteed a SW interview?

No fast track opportunities. Applied to SW like everyone else.
No fast track opportunities. Applied to SW like everyone else.

There is actually.

RBS and HSBC offer fast track to SW if you go to their a-level insight days.
Original post by Anonynmous
There is actually.

RBS and HSBC offer fast track to SW if you go to their a-level insight days.

HSBC didn't for last year.

They might have switched it up, you might be right about rbs, I didn't do their programme.
HSBC didn't for last year.

They might have switched it up, you might be right about rbs, I didn't do their programme.

Yeah, HSBC didn't offer it (I think) but RBS's website explicitly says you get an opportunity for a fast track.

https://www.rbsbankyoubuild.com/school-leavers/career-insight-programme
Yeah, HSBC didn't offer it (I think) but RBS's website explicitly says you get an opportunity for a fast track.

https://www.rbsbankyoubuild.com/school-leavers/career-insight-programme

RBS is pretty much done for though..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't they scaled down 80% of their IB

They cancelled on their 2015 summer interns and paid them off for the inconvinience.
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know :lol:

But still, some experience as a springboard.
Haven't they scaled down 80% of their IB

They cancelled on their 2015 summer interns and paid them off for the inconvinience.

Yep, pretty much a sinking ship now.

I know :lol:

But still, some experience as a springboard.

Hahaha, if you can get the experience that is! :')

Latest

Trending

Trending