The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8380
Original post by Asddd
for fast track interviews held in late summer, is much/any consideration given to your first year grade? will they ask for results etc or not because those held earlier couldn't have had theirs at the time?

I've been having this worry too. Apparently most banks just ask for a predicted grade and nothing more (so you can put down that you're predicted a 2.1) where as others (such as BAML and Goldman, apparently) ask for your first year grades.
Original post by CD315
I've been having this worry too. Apparently most banks just ask for a predicted grade and nothing more (so you can put down that you're predicted a 2.1) where as others (such as BAML and Goldman, apparently) ask for your first year grades.

the only places that i know ask for a module first year breakdown out of accounting/consulting/ib firms is ey and nomura, any more known? gs apparently dont ask at all...
Reply 8382
Original post by welcometoib
the only places that i know ask for a module first year breakdown out of accounting/consulting/ib firms is ey and nomura, any more known? gs apparently dont ask at all...

Don't some places ask for an overall first year grade though? I heard BAML do.
Original post by CD315

friends who applied for summer there, will ask them, but im only sure on ey and nomura for now. most ask for predicted
Original post by CD315

GS ask what grade you're working at but for no proof

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8385
Original post by welcometoib
friends who applied for summer there, will ask them, but im only sure on ey and nomura for now. most ask for predicted

Original post by Aenigma
GS ask what grade you're working at but for no proof

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good.
Original post by CD315
Sounds good.

p.s i understand how youre feeling about exams lol, its tough to revise for me atm. whens your first exam?
Hey guys!

So.....What happens if you DON'T convert? How should I justify this to future recruiters?
Original post by 你妈的B
Hey guys!

So.....What happens if you DON'T convert? How should I justify this to future recruiters? ������������

Do something over the summer to show development and justify that you learnt from feedback and have improved upon your SW experience.
Reply 8389
Original post by 你妈的B
Hey guys!

So.....What happens if you DON'T convert? How should I justify this to future recruiters? ������������

Just work on the feedback (I also didn't convert)
Original post by CD315
Just work on the feedback (I also didn't convert)

What if there was no feedback
Those who have already had ibd interviews after spring weeks, what kind of technicals did you get asked?
Reply 8392
Original post by Drossell
Those who have already had ibd interviews after spring weeks, what kind of technicals did you get asked?

Varies: I know CS fast track wasn't technical but BAML was quite technical (from talking to others).
Reply 8393
nvm
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Drossell

Depends on what area you've applied.

M&A / ECM = Expect Vals / Strategy
DCM/LAF = Bond Pricing / Derivatives hedging / Vals
How would you approach the question: “What would you do as an investor who holds Euro? Sorry, I know wrong thread.
Original post by 你妈的B
What if there was no feedback

There's no harm in asking for feedback. If anything it shows a motivation to constantly improve and develop yourself, which can only be a positive - as long as you ask in the right way: being polite, appreciative of their time, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joseph.S
How would you approach the question: “What would you do as an investor who holds Euro? Sorry, I know wrong thread.

buy greek bonds yolo
Original post by Joseph.S

First I'd ask for more background information:
- Why I was holding Euro? Could be for bank liquidity, so any change would need to be low risk & liquid.
- How much Euro are you holding relative to your other investments? 100% Euro or small % Euro as part of a diverse portfolio which is kept for correlation of risk purposes/Modern Portfolio Theory or something.

Ultimately I think they're wanting you to show your commercial awareness: holding Euro at the ECB currently costs you money (- interest rate), explain the effect of QE depreciating the currency, etc

EDIT: After accessing the situation I'd actually ANSWER THE QUESTION! If you have to keep Euro for some reason then hedge the risk of the Euro depreciating more (very likely), then I'd start suggesting other investment opportunities depending on the reason I was making the investment - e.g. if it's for your pension investing in exotic derivatives obviously wouldn't align with your risk appetite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8399
nvm,
(edited 8 years ago)