Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Your opinions on Lord Falconer's bill proposing that doctors should be allowed to prescribe a lethal dose to the terminally ill who have been judged to have less than 6 months to live?

ReputationRep:
    People have a right to life, why shouldn't they have a right to die?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've always supported euthanasia being legalised in Britain. Tbh, I don't know anyone personally who doesn't support assisted dying as long as there are safeguards in place such as the patient was of sound mind when making the decision etc.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im definitely against it for many reasons. Euthanising the terminally ill will become more cost-effective rather than dealing with terminally ill patients and researching into cures for these illnesses could have less funding when there's a "way out". Also, vulnerable people could be pushed and pressured into signing up to be euthanised from family members etc and would affect their morale as they could be made to feel like a burden on not only their family but to hospital resources as they are "dying anyway" so why not free up a bed huh? This would be the start of something else. How long till we decide to euthanise disabled people?

ReputationRep:
    This is a very contentious and highly controversial topic. Right now, it's still considered a criminal offense and is unlawful.

ReputationRep:
    I'm completely for it! The people considering ending their own life because they know all they have left is a few months of suffering are fully rational and in no way delusional, they are capable of making a decision like that and they should definitely have that option!

ReputationRep:
    I think it is wrong to assist dying (not trying to offend anyone this is just my opinion).In my opinion life is short and very sudden for example people in mh17 and mh370(unknown what really happened yet)my heart is deeply with these families. These people didn't want to die if you look at these people of how much they wanted to live it is a bit selfish to want to die if you look at the disaster .Also although they are ill now we should be grateful for every breath we can still take in , since life is short and unexpected event can happen in the near future or present ,so life is precious so we shouldn't dying and enjoy the chance that we have a chance to live.
    SO THE POINT IM TRYING TO GET ACROSS IS TREASURE YOUR LIFE NO MATTER WHAT CONDITION YOUR IN .

ReputationRep:
    I've always said the following;

"If i can't wipe my own ass, someone put a gun to my head and let me die with what little dignity i have left."

If i ever get to the stage my grandmother got to, where she was bed ridden and literally relied on others for everything, i would want to die.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.