Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Finance for Paramedic course at Plymouth Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey there

I just got my letter with how much I'm getting from student finance, but had one quick question about it.

I'm on course to do the Paramedic Practitioner course at Plymouth university, and looking at course dates it is significantly longer than the standard courses there. 22/09/14 - 31/07/15 as opposed to 22/09/14 - 29/05/15. Meaning I require a longer lease on the halls and the expenses to go along with it.

However the amount of money I am receiving from student finance appears to be the same as a friend of mine who is in an identical financial situation, but on a standard length course.

Am I meant to budget more carefully to make the money go further (I calculated my weekLy budget to be around £16, compared to £35 for my friend), or will I need to inform Student Finance England of this?

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew, do take into account you will be having to travel in a car, which you will need to fund.

How much in total are you getting?
      • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
      Hi Aleech,

Your entitlement to finance is based on a number of factors, including the course length, if your course has exra weeks then normally you are assessed for a long course loan.
      This information is provided by the University course database which we check to ensure your course details are correct and matched against this database.
      I would advise to check the course details with your university then call us on 0300 100 0607 and speak to an adviser to double check the course details with SFE.

If there are any inconsistencies then this can be amended with a change of circumstances from the university and would result in a reassessment of your entitlement to finance.

Thanks

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.