Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I really like the sound of the history course at the Exeter Streatham campus and understand that it enables you to take up to 30 credits in another subject (according to the website).
    However, the website suggests that these credits be taken in a language or a business course - what other courses are available? I cannot find a list on their website.
    I would love to look at ancient history as part of my course but do not want to do a combined 'history and ancient history' degree. Basically, can these 30 optional credits in a purely 'history' degree be taken in ancient history?
    I think it would make sense, but just wanted to ask! :P Would be great if any current history students have any info..

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You can take your 30 outside credits in anything you like. Languages are just the most common option. There are some restrictions as to what modules you can take (if those modules have pre-requisites, or if they are of a higher or lower level than you're at, for example), but generally speaking you can choose any module. If it's an Ancient History module you're eyeing then I don't think you'll have any problems.

You can generally find a list of modules here, but I'm not sure you'll be able to access that if you're not a student. In case you cannot see it, here is a screenshot of the Classics and Ancient History Level 1 modules:

I would not worry about it until you actually get to Exeter, though. They'll be plenty of information and time in Fresher's Week.

(I just finished a joint honours degree with History at Exeter, and used to help out at the open days!)

Sorry you're getting this reply so late, I hope this is still helpful.
    Attached Images

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.