The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
3 As and a B...that's still good enough to get into Glasgow or Edinburgh! Especially since you've still got more Highers to sit in S6. What course is it you want to apply for?

I'm not sure but ill have to figure out soonish as I need to pick my subjects for s6 in 9 days:frown: Do you think the best idea would be to do Adv. Highers or get more highers under my belt?
Haha! Thank you!! And congratulations on making it to uni! :biggrin:

Your welcome! A lot better than being on my own when the results came....:biggrin:
Yes! Off to uni!! Looking forward to it!
Original post by LongLazyDays
Hello everyone!
Sorry this is really late.... :colondollar:
I got my results at 12 and the postie wished me good luck!

Higher Geography - A
Higher Biology - B
Higher Chemistry - C
Higher Media - C

:dance: :dance: :groovy: :party:

really pleased with my results! Passed chemistry! :eek:
off to uni now!

Congratulations on everybody who received their exam results!

Would like to thank Ecosse 14, Hype en Ecosse, Mobbsy91, Gingerbread101, hollieloh and Neuth for their support and humour! Thank you guys - you made me feel less nervous this year! :smile:

Woooooo, that's awesome. Big congratulations all round, get off to celebrate gal! :smile:
Original post by Con08
I'm not sure but ill have to figure out soonish as I need to pick my subjects for s6 in 9 days:frown: Do you think the best idea would be to do Adv. Highers or get more highers under my belt?

If you're not really sure what you want to do, then some more Highers are the way to go! No need to take something ridic like 4 or 5, though. If you really enjoyed a subject this year, there's no harm in pursuing that at Adv Higher. :smile:

Your grades are plenty good enough for most uni courses, so you're literally spoiled for choice. :biggrin:

Your welcome! A lot better than being on my own when the results came....:biggrin:
Yes! Off to uni!! Looking forward to it!

Mhmm, our Welcome Squad volunteers did a fantastic job, as did our homegrown members from ScotQuals. :woo:

What is it you're off so study???
Original post by Neuth
Yayyyy!! :woo:
Awhh, that was sweet :yep:

Well done - that's amazing :redface: Where are you heading to? :h:

And you are more than welcome - we all loved helping and making sure your evening/night/morning/day went smoothly and as stress free as possible! :hugs:

Your welcome! I liked your certificate from the SQA! :biggrin:
Thank you! I'm glad I passed them all! I'm off to RGU - WHOOO!

All of you have a good rest/relax/sleep! :smile:
Reply 2285
If you're not really sure what you want to do, then some more Highers are the way to go! No need to take something ridic like 4 or 5, though. If you really enjoyed a subject this year, there's no harm in pursuing that at Adv Higher. :smile:

Your grades are plenty good enough for most uni courses, so you're literally spoiled for choice. :biggrin:

thanks a bunch, made me feel a lot better about it! I think I'll take one or 2 advanced and 2 highers. I think ill need to do a lot more in terms of volunteering and stuff to get a better chance of getting in.
Mhmm, our Welcome Squad volunteers did a fantastic job, as did our homegrown members from ScotQuals. :woo:

What is it you're off so study???

Public Relations at RGU! :biggrin:
Original post by Con08

thanks a bunch, made me feel a lot better about it! I think I'll take one or 2 advanced and 2 highers. I think ill need to do a lot more in terms of volunteering and stuff to get a better chance of getting in.

Glad I could help, buddy! I think you're overstressing a bit about your uni application. :biggrin:

Best of luck deciding, mate. Just think about what you enjoy in life and see if you can incorporate that into a course/career. :wink:

Public Relations at RGU! :biggrin:

Oh God, I don't even know what that course involves! :tongue:
Glad results are over! Although how I passed when I was so easily fooled by some of your sneaky tricks is beyond me!
Your welcome! I liked your certificate from the SQA! :biggrin:
Thank you! I'm glad I passed them all! I'm off to RGU - WHOOO!

All of you have a good rest/relax/sleep! :smile:

Ahhh, it's because Verity said well done to me instead of the user she meant to quote :giggle:
Thankyou :lol:

Me and Mobbs/Charlie have insomnia, but we shall try :yes:
I'll pass on your message to the others :redface:
does a D in higher mean i cant go on to do HNC? im so confused, literally everyone contradicting each other and some its a pass and some say its a fail, driving me mad. i assumed it was a fail but it is on my sqa letter so does that make it a pass therefore can i say to the tutor of HNC that i passed? stresssss!!!
Oh God, I don't even know what that course involves! :tongue:

Haha! That's okay - when I was looking at all of the courses at the start I was confused by the titles of the courses too! :biggrin:
I'm afraid not, mate. The two unis are completely separate and they're no more linked that Glasgow Callie and Harvard are. It might be possible to change uni provided you have good performance in first year, but that's rare too, and only happens in exceptional circumstances.

If they've said they're going to reject you, then it's unlikely you're going to get an offer in the end, but there's nothing wrong with holding out hope. :smile:
It's not over until Track updates. :tongue:

Haha! Thank you!! And congratulations on making it to uni! :biggrin:

I would like to do law at strathclyde so would the hnd in legal services be preferred as opposed to a transfer of universities?
Original post by Adykonvict1
I would like to do law at strathclyde so would the hnd in legal services be preferred as opposed to a transfer of universities?

I'm afraid I don't really know anything about HNC/HND courses, bud. You'll have to talk to Strathclyde about its acceptance as a qualification!
Reply 2294
Want to study Sports and excercise science at glasgow. Got one A and four Bs. Standard entry is 4 As or three As and two Bs. Any help or advice if it's still possible I could get a place? Anyone been a similar position before at glasgow?
Really pleased with my results! I got AAA in Advanced Higher French, German, and Modern Studies along with an A in Higher Spanish. Quite unexpected :smile: Hope everyone got the results they wanted and if not, don't be too disheartened.
Reply 2296
I got AABBB this year, bit dissapointing. Is Law at Edinburgh out of reach now for me?
Hi, I noticed on Heriott Watt's entry requirements for International Business with Spanish I need to have an A at Higher. I got a B in the exam. I had an A in my prelim so I was on track for an A, I didn't think I had a B. I don't know what I should do know? Should I ask my school about my banding and about a possible remark? It seems like it's unlikely I will get any luck out of it. I could do advanced higher Spanish?
Soooooo disappointed.. I was expecting a lot more, at least no Cs.

I got
Tech Studies - A
French - B (WTF? I got 80% in the prelim)
English - B
Physics - C
Maths - C

Well, all the good unis are out of reach. Life can be cruel sometimes, very very cruel. Could I still apply to places like Edinburgh, UCL and Bristol if I kick butt and get good Advanced Higher predictions?
Original post by Princepieman
Soooooo disappointed.. I was expecting a lot more, at least no Cs.

I got
Tech Studies - A
French - B (WTF? I got 80% in the prelim)
English - B
Physics - C
Maths - C

Well, all the good unis are out of reach. Life can be cruel sometimes, very very cruel. Could I still apply to places like Edinburgh, UCL and Bristol if I kick butt and get good Advanced Higher predictions?

Yeah I got 80% in my Higher Spanish prelim too. I am so annoyed. Best subject whole year round. Only A I got in my prelims too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending