The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by The Milk Thief
Hahaha I never thought I'd ever want to work as much as I have been! I live on a farm and there's always something else that needs doing so at least I've got something to keep me busy.

Good luck for your results though! What exams did you sit?

I know right? Oh really? I'm doing not 4 rural skills next year just for fun so I'm going to be working on loads of farms! I actually really enjoy that sort of thing, kitted up in the overalls and rigger boots! I sat highers in English, product design, biology and Gaelic! What about you?
Original post by caralong
I know exactly what you mean! They all say I have no reason to worry cause I'm guaranteed to do well but that just puts me under more pressure and causes me a copious amount of stress. I reckon I have AAABB at best too. English and Physics just didn't go to plan and biology was dodgy too now that I think about it. What subjects are you waiting for results in?

I did English, Maths, History, Chemistry and Music this year. English was my best subject all year but the exam just didn't go my way unfortunately, plus you never can be sure what a marker might think of your essay :frown:
I struggled with Maths this year; didn't think the exam was too bad, but I spent far too much time on multiple choice and have made quite a costly few mistakes. I was terrible at Chemistry all year as well so I think that one's a lost cause too :frown:
Music was a bit of a pisstake a lot of the time, but 60% was practical stuff that was done back in February so I don't remember much of it. I think it was alright though.
The only one I was kind of okay with was History since I got quite lucky with the questions :smile:

I'm always really hard on myself when it comes to exams because I feel like it's what I'm supposed to be good at. Oh well, nothing we can do now but wait!
Original post by DocdoLITTLE
wow wish you all the best come results day and hope you get into Cambridge! im not going to pretend to know how your grading system works but im pretty sure theyre not asking for something too easy, so good DANCE with that :smile::wink:

Don't know if you're serious :lol: but :2euk48l:
Original post by TheFOMaster
Don't know if you're serious :lol: but :2euk48l:

im dead serious loool
im dead serious loool

LOL. I'm already at uni, and finished my journey with the SQA 361 days ago.
LOL. I'm already at uni, and finished my journey with the SQA 361 days ago.

ahh this is awkward... i assumed you were waiting for your SQA results day, i am truly sorry lmao..:colondollar::colondollar:
im dead serious loool

Ignore him, he thinks he's actually being funny :wink:
Original post by hollieeilloh

You have worse banter than Asklepios, shut up.

Everyone does

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I forgot that your idea of 'banter' is complaining about McDonalds all the time... :colone:

(love you really)
I did English, Maths, History, Chemistry and Music this year. English was my best subject all year but the exam just didn't go my way unfortunately, plus you never can be sure what a marker might think of your essay :frown:
I struggled with Maths this year; didn't think the exam was too bad, but I spent far too much time on multiple choice and have made quite a costly few mistakes. I was terrible at Chemistry all year as well so I think that one's a lost cause too :frown:
Music was a bit of a pisstake a lot of the time, but 60% was practical stuff that was done back in February so I don't remember much of it. I think it was alright though.
The only one I was kind of okay with was History since I got quite lucky with the questions :smile:

I'm always really hard on myself when it comes to exams because I feel like it's what I'm supposed to be good at. Oh well, nothing we can do now but wait!

I'm like you, i'm quite hard on myself too. I don't have any hobbies and i'm not good at sports so getting good grades is kinda what im known for; that's why i'm so scared. I did English, maths, physics, biology and philosophy this year. I have done really well in English all year and was the only one in my school to get an A in the prelim but the essay questions were just not on my side and I let my nerves get the better of me so I'm bracing myself for disappointment with that one. Also English is such a subjective subject so there's no predicting that one. I found maths quite simple if im honest but that probably means I've done it all wrong haha. My sciences did not go as well as i'd have liked, I really struggled with both the biology and physics papers. I heard from a few of my friends that the history paper was pretty fair so im glad you found it okay and hope you are pleased with your results.
Original post by Morv
I know right? Oh really? I'm doing not 4 rural skills next year just for fun so I'm going to be working on loads of farms! I actually really enjoy that sort of thing, kitted up in the overalls and rigger boots! I sat highers in English, product design, biology and Gaelic! What about you?

It's great, hard work mind you but I don't mind it at all! A bit lonely sometimes, just being in the middle of nowhere with no bus services or anything to get out and about, but it's home and I don't think I'll like being anywhere else but the countryside now!

I sat Higher English, Maths, History, Chemistry and Music so a bit of a mixed bag of subjects too! I wish subjects like Gaelic and Product Design ran at my school; we had to have a massive petition and everything just to get our teachers let us have Higher Psychology for S6 next year so that's about the most exciting thing we'll be getting!
Sorry I forgot that your idea of 'banter' is complaining about McDonalds all the time... :colone:

(love you really)

Just because whenever I've been on the chat lately it's been to rant doesn't mean I don't love you xox

I'll try harder, for the children.

shhh i know, let him think that! but between me and you i dont think he is :wink:
Original post by Asklepios

You're banter is truly incredible tbh.

Edit: You are *, I don't feel the apostrophe is appropriate
You're banter is truly incredible tbh.

Edit: You are *, I don't feel the apostrophe is appropriate

What on earth are you trying to say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by caralong
I'm like you, i'm quite hard on myself too. I don't have any hobbies and i'm not good at sports so getting good grades is kinda what im known for; that's why i'm so scared. I did English, maths, physics, biology and philosophy this year. I have done really well in English all year and was the only one in my school to get an A in the prelim but the essay questions were just not on my side and I let my nerves get the better of me so I'm bracing myself for disappointment with that one. Also English is such a subjective subject so there's no predicting that one. I found maths quite simple if im honest but that probably means I've done it all wrong haha. My sciences did not go as well as i'd have liked, I really struggled with both the biology and physics papers. I heard from a few of my friends that the history paper was pretty fair so im glad you found it okay and hope you are pleased with your results.

Oh, I know, nerves can be so frustrating because you know you're capable of doing the work! I loved SG Maths but completely lost my way for Higher (the PT of Maths actually sent an official letter home to my dad because he felt I should have been doing much better, plus my dad and the PT are friends, so you can imagine how that went down :frown:).
Sorry to hear about the science papers, I can't speak for Biology since it's just Human Bio that runs at my school. I know quite a few people who didn't particularly like the Physics paper either, though.
Hope results day goes your way too, good luck!
Reply 617
It's great, hard work mind you but I don't mind it at all! A bit lonely sometimes, just being in the middle of nowhere with no bus services or anything to get out and about, but it's home and I don't think I'll like being anywhere else but the countryside now!

I sat Higher English, Maths, History, Chemistry and Music so a bit of a mixed bag of subjects too! I wish subjects like Gaelic and Product Design ran at my school; we had to have a massive petition and everything just to get our teachers let us have Higher Psychology for S6 next year so that's about the most exciting thing we'll be getting!

Yeah I'm the middle of nowhere too! I love the countryside so much but I'm really looking forward to going to Uni and meeting new people! I want to go to Glasgow or Edinburgh so a big change from my wee area!

Aw that's a shame! We do t have a lot of subjects either like we are on,y just getting history so I'm sitting it next year, we don't have anything like drama which is something I'd like to do. Yeah I really love the gaelic.. I'm hoping to become a gaelic medium primary teacher actually! So I'm sitting advance higher this year :smile: did you feel your exams went ok?
Oh, I know, nerves can be so frustrating because you know you're capable of doing the work! I loved SG Maths but completely lost my way for Higher (the PT of Maths actually sent an official letter home to my dad because he felt I should have been doing much better, plus my dad and the PT are friends, so you can imagine how that went down :frown:).
Sorry to hear about the science papers, I can't speak for Biology since it's just Human Bio that runs at my school. I know quite a few people who didn't particularly like the Physics paper either, though.
Hope results day goes your way too, good luck!

Aw gosh that doesn't sound like a particularly fun experience haha.
Yeah phyiscs was absolutely dreadful, I was disappointed with that paper
Thank you!! and good luck to you too :smile:
How does everybody intend to view their results

by e-mail, text, or letter?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending