The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maireadclare96
i have a conditional for strathclyde and had to get both an A and a C but got to Bs?

I think you will have to wait for UCAS at 9am to be sure (UF or Accepted...) but I would've thought you'd be in, but don't quote me on that - it is up to the university i think
Original post by brookm
8 A's! YES. This is the best feeling ever!

Congratulations mate, really well done! Go celebrate
Original post by maireadclare96
i have a conditional for strathclyde and had to get both an A and a C but got to Bs?

You didn't meet the conditions of your offer, so you might not have got in, but your best option is to wait for track to update at 9, as you may still be accepted :yes: If you don't get in, you can look into clearing :smile:

Original post by faithmmm
Thank you :biggrin: and true but it definitely did help. Used it to take a celebratory shot after haha

Good idea :lol:
Reply 1543
So I have gotten my exam results

Higher English A
Higher Working with others A
Higher History C
Int 2 Maths F
Int 2 Media C

I am estatic about English but really annoyed about maths as I needed at least a c in order to do my pdge in drama.
I have already left school and got accepted into a HNC acting and performance course at Motherwell college but I need maths for my PDGE course in a few years.

Any advice on what to do?
AAA at Advanced Higher. A very pleasant surprise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ladymarshmallow

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations - very happy for you, now go celebrate
Finally got my email, so pleased with my results but happier that now I can get some sleep! Hope anyone that's still waiting isn't waiting for too much longer
Original post by Rheap

Higher English A
Higher History C
Int 2 Maths F
Int 2 Media C

I am estatic about English but really annoyed about maths as I needed at least a c in order to do my pdge in drama.
I have already left school and got accepted into a HNC acting and performance course at Motherwell college but I need maths for my PDGE course in a few years.

I'm not sure on this, so I'll quote an expert in - not sure when he'll get back to you, but it'll be ASAP :yes:

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
QFA :h:
Thought I'd join in.

Higher English A
Higher French A
Higher History C
Higher Modern Studies B

Thrilled about the English grade, Romeo and Juliet wasn't the best choice for an essay question.
Really gutted about History, false hope in the prelim haha.

Well done everyone and good luck to all those still waiting!
Original post by Rheap

Higher English A
Higher History C
Int 2 Maths F
Int 2 Media C

What were you expecting for maths? I got a C and was expecting an A and I'm pretty devastated :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfghjess
Finally got my email, so pleased with my results but happier that now I can get some sleep! Hope anyone that's still waiting isn't waiting for too much longer

Congratulations - sleep!!! nice, very jealous of you!!!
Original post by Espoirenna
Thought I'd join in.

Higher English A
Higher French A
Higher History C
Higher Modern Studies B

Thrilled about the English grade, Romeo and Juliet wasn't the best choice for an essay question.

Congratulations for your results - don't be disheartened by those 2 too much! You still did really well. Now you can go and enjoy some sleep!
Original post by mobbsy91
Congratulations - sleep!!! nice, very jealous of you!!!

Haha thank you, hope you can catch up on some soon too!!
Haha thank you, hope you can catch up on some soon too!!

Haha, I have insomnia so I don't hold my breath... but thanks anyway!
Still no sign of results :dry: :confused:
AABD. Philosophy went much worse than expected. And I can't believe I got an A in English but not in politics? WTF! I absolutely felt I aced that exam.
Original post by ladymarshmallow

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! :congrats: :party:
What are your next plans? :h:

Glad to hear it :h: Well done :hugs:
Yes, fingers crossed for everyone :crossedf:

Original post by Espoirenna
Thought I'd join in.

Higher English A
Higher French A
Higher History C
Higher Modern Studies B

Awhh, you never know what to expect - you should be really pleased with those results though :redface:

Congratulations :yes:
:party: :congrats: :party:
Reply 1557
Original post by Christopher199
What were you expecting for maths? I got a C and was expecting an A and I'm pretty devastated :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was expecting a C. I'm devastated also because its one of the grades i needed :frown:
Original post by chopinfan
Still no sign of results :dry: :confused:

Unlucky mate - me and Neuth will be sticking around so we'll be here if you wanna talk...
has anyone else not got their results yet? or only me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending