The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NinetyOne
Och well goodnight y'all. Good luck and well done.

Nighttt :h: :hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Leeeeeee
Got 7 As at Nat 5, including English, which is nothing less than a miracle!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats awesome - congratulations!!! You can now relax and head to bed!
Original post by Leeeeeee
Got 7 As at Nat 5, including English, which is nothing less than a miracle!

Awhhh, congratulations! :congrats: :party: :congrats:
Did you think you'd done that well earlier? :h:
Original post by shaunaralphxxxx
All of the subjects were sat first try but in 6th year at school so I can't go back, starting to really panic now as I was predicted for an A in Rmps and the exam went so well, I'm gutted!

I'm really sorry about that. That's a real shame - are there any worth getting a remark for? You should speak to your school/college about it!

Do you have a backup plan or anything?

Please let me know if I can help, I'll be around for at least the next 6-8 hours if you need any help!
Original post by mobbsy91
I'm really sorry about that. That's a real shame - are there any worth getting a remark for? You should speak to your school/college about it!

Do you have a backup plan or anything?

Please let me know if I can help, I'll be around for at least the next 6-8 hours if you need any help!

I've got a full time job at the moment but I hate it I was really hoping to get in to uni! I'm not sure I would need to contact the school, I'm so gutted.
got 5As! sooo happy :biggrin: well done to everyone on their great results!!!
Original post by shaunaralphxxxx
I've got a full time job at the moment but I hate it I was really hoping to get in to uni! I'm not sure I would need to contact the school, I'm so gutted.

Really sorry about that - you should definitely check UCAS at 9am though, and they may still have accepted. Alternatively, you could ask a teacher to speak to the uni to try and persuade them - apparently that has been said to work so worth a try.

I really hope it works out!
Original post by jen123456

Another set of amazing results! Well done :h: :congrats:

Are you going to sleep now? :redface:
Original post by jen123456

Congratulations, thats brilliant news!
So errm I got an A for higher physics but it says exam only even though I passed all my NAB's first time?? Seriously freaking out here!
I don't have to wait anymore. I got my results. I'M GOING TO UNIVERSITY! I MET MY CONDITIONS!

Advanced Higher English - A (I can't believe it!)
Higher German - A
Higher History - B
Higher Maths - C

I'm sobbing real tears of joy this actually means the world to me!
Original post by kingsout
So errm I got an A for higher physics but it says exam only even though I passed all my NAB's first time?? Seriously freaking out here!

You should wait for the letter/certificate in the post for formal confirmation... If it does not all show on your letter/certificate, then you should contact your school ASAP.
Original post by Stephanie Smith
I don't have to wait anymore. I got my results. I'M GOING TO UNIVERSITY! I MET MY CONDITIONS!

Higher German - A
Higher History - B
Higher Maths - C

Thats brilliant news mate - Im really glad for you - you can also now go and sleep now you've got them! Congratulations!
You should wait for the letter/certificate in the post for formal confirmation... If it does not all show on your letter/certificate, then you should contact your school ASAP.

Okay thanks but wont they be closed for the summer, also my school shares highers with another so I sat the exam at the other school, could that be part of the problem?
Okay thanks but wont they be closed for the summer, also my school shares highers with another so I sat the exam at the other school, could that be part of the problem?

Your school should be contactable as a whole part of this is that you may need to contact them - also trying the other school would be a good move. If you can't get hold of the school, then drop a post, and Ill make sure this gets passed up to someone more experienced who would be more able to handle it!
Your school should be contactable as a whole part of this is that you may need to contact them - also trying the other school would be a good move. If you can't get hold of the school, then drop a post, and Ill make sure this gets passed up to someone more experienced who would be more able to handle it!

Thanks, ill give them a buzz after i've had a sleep :smile:. Thanks for the help =)
Thanks, ill give them a buzz after i've had a sleep :smile:. Thanks for the help =)

No problem - enjoy your rest!
Original post by Stephanie Smith

Higher German - A
Higher History - B
Higher Maths - C

Well done!! Great results! :h: :congrats: :party:

What are you going to be studying and where? :h:
I got my Nat 5 results. The only one I'm really disappointed in is Biology I got a C and I'm so annoyed :/ I worked so hard on Biology all year it was the one subject I tried really hard in and I was getting 85% on the model papers. I also got 59% in the prelim and only chose higher biology later on and I don't think I'll be able to do higher now which is really annoyed me because I really like Biology and need it for higher. I thought I found the exam went quite well apart from a few problem solving questions which I thought were worded really awkwardly :/

Art A
Biology C
English B (Went from 42% in the prelim to a B :biggrin: )
French B (I was ill on the exam and guessed most of the listening so how I managed that is beyond me)
Graph Comm C
History A
Media A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending