The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1640
Does anyone know what the pass mark was for English?! And if many people done well or badly?! got a D but really really shocked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Higher Biology = A
Higher Physics = A
Higher Chemistry = A
Higher Maths = A
Higher RMPS = A
Medicine, here I come! :biggrin:
Do u need to apply each year to get results by email/text or if you've registered it stands each year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mobbsy91
Wow, so is this ready for going to uni this year or next?

Unconditional for optometry at GCU, so i dont really need these results, although its always nice to get some good grades :smile:
Original post by Bluebells60
Do u need to apply each year to get results by email/text or if you've registered it stands each year

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I've heard, if you've done it in previous years, it should be done automatically for next years, but thats only what I've heard!

Original post by Gemma3011
Unconditional for optometry at GCU, so i dont really need these results, although its always nice to get some good grades :smile:

Ahh nice, but yeh, as you say, its nice to get awesome results!
I guess I'm the only one who completely fell on their a**e then?

Results

Higher Music - B
Higher RMPS - C
Higher English - F
National 5 History - B
National 5 Physics - C

Bearing in mind I had scribes who couldn't write for s**t, kept making spelling errors on the exam papers...

Also, I had the pleasure of being allocated a scribe who chirped away like a budgie to the invigilator. She didn't shut up throughout the exam and I couldn't concentrate, hence the C in Physics when I got a B in my Prelim.

English is pretty self explanatory, as I'm not very good at Close Reading and my Gatsby essay was absolutely terrible. Fitzgerald would be turning in his grave right now.

RMPS was a HUGE disappointment, considering I got an A in my prelim. There was just a mismatch of communication in that exam and we were both getting confused.

Now, I should get back to doing more useful stuff, like practising my ''Do you want fries with that?'' lines.

Thanks for listening to my rant, and well done to everyone!
Got AAAAA YAY
Original post by kmurdoch97

Results

Higher Music - B
Higher RMPS - C
Higher English - F
National 5 History - B
National 5 Physics - C

Bearing in mind I had scribes who couldn't write for s**t, kept making spelling errors on the exam papers...

Also, I had the pleasure of being allocated a scribe who chirped away like a budgie to the invigilator. She didn't shut up throughout the exam and I couldn't concentrate, hence the C in Physics when I got a B in my Prelim.

English is pretty self explanatory, as I'm not very good at Close Reading and my Gatsby essay was absolutely terrible. Fitzgerald would be turning in his grave right now.

RMPS was a HUGE disappointment, considering I got an A in my prelim. There was just a mismatch of communication in that exam and we were both getting confused.

Now, I should get back to doing more useful stuff, like practising my ''Do you want fries with that?'' lines.

Hey man, don't be too hard on yourself. You should be proud of what you've done, and honestly, grades aren't everything. There are lots of things like apprenticeships, and other things like that which you can do without getting amazing grades.

Just believe in yourself, and you'll be able to do things.

Please don't feel too disheartened with your results. :console:
Original post by Pennyarcade
Got AAAAA YAY

Awesome buddy well done - now you can (probably not sleep) but celebrate!

Congratulations!
Still waiting for my results :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got there results? If so, well done!

Whatever you got, it's brilliant! :biggrin:
Original post by Airess3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shouldn't be too much longer now, a few of us are still around here to chat to if you want!
Met my conditions for uni, so chuffed! Well done everyone, hope you got what you needed!
Original post by Airess3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad im not the only one... :frown:
Original post by MarkP.
Met my conditions for uni, so chuffed! Well done everyone, hope you got what you needed!

Congratulations mate! Well done!
Congratulations mate! Well done!

Thank you so much :biggrin:
Original post by ElectricScalpel
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Higher Biology = A
Higher Physics = A
Higher Chemistry = A
Higher Maths = A
Higher RMPS = A
Medicine, here I come! :biggrin:

Wow - well done! :congrats: :party:
Are you excited? :biggrin:

Original post by Bluebells60

Stands for every year :yes:
Still not got your results? :console:

Original post by Pennyarcade
Got AAAAA YAY

Congratulations!! :party: :congrats:
What are your future aims? :h:

Results

Higher Music - B
Higher RMPS - C
Higher English - F
National 5 History - B
National 5 Physics - C

Awhhh, they sound useless Scribes :console: :sad:

Oh shushhh, stop being so negative!! :hugs:

I'm here if you want to rant - just PM me :redface:

And when I say well done, I mean it: Well done :congrats:
Hey man, don't be too hard on yourself. You should be proud of what you've done, and honestly, grades aren't everything. There are lots of things like apprenticeships, and other things like that which you can do without getting amazing grades.

Just believe in yourself, and you'll be able to do things.

Please don't feel too disheartened with your results. :console:

Thanks for your kind words my friend!

I just feel I could have done a whole lot better than what I done, but I can't do anything about it now.

I'm just gonna go to college, do a HNC then go to University.

Hopefully, It'll work out better for me.
Thanks for your kind words my friend!

I just feel I could have done a whole lot better than what I done, but I can't do anything about it now.

I'm just gonna go to college, do a HNC then go to University.

Hopefully, It'll work out better for me.

I really hope it does man, be strong and stay positive, and you'll do absolutely fine!
I was getting 5th year higher results and only got ABBDD I'm absolutely gutted. If I take more highers and two advanced highers in sixth year is there any way I can still go to university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending