Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Headaches since eating Healthy. Watch

I started eating healthy three days ago, cutting out pretty much anything that's not natural. Basically I'm just eating fruit, veg and a small amount of meat. I'm also using Juice Plus shakes, which I'm a bit sceptical of, but I was given some for free so I thought I'd try it. The past two days I've been having the Juice Plus shake in the morning, then making a fruit and veg smoothie for dinner which is basically Spinach, Cucumber, Celery and Parsley, then I throw some fruit in to make it taste a bit better. Then in the evening I've been eating salad and a bit of meat.

Today I've started to get headaches. I know it's not dehydration because I've been drinking around 5 pints of water and 3 mugs of Green Tea a day. Can anyone explain to me why I'd be getting headaches from eating only natural foods?

To be honest my diet prior 3 days ago was awful. I would pretty much cook anything I could in a deep fat fryer and order takeaways or go to McDonalds every other night. The reason why I've changed my diet so drastically is because I was feeling lethargic and crappy all the time but I'm still feeling crappy now.

Advice?

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar diet but it sounds like you're missing some essential elements.

Are you getting enough carbs? Also protein?

Cutting out meat is healthy IMO but you need to replace it with high volumes of beans/lentils/legumes.

My diet consists of a juice in the morning (using a juicer) - beets, carrots, spinach, lemon, cucumber. Bananas for breakfast. Brown rice, beans, avocado, pepper, tomato, chilli for lunch with melon & pineapple for desert. Then for dinner pasta, broccoli, mange tout & quorn.

I also drink white tea rather than green tea as I find green makes me feel sick.

You also need to make sure you drink ridiculous amounts of water as well.

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to say - I feel amazing on this diet. Only reason for not feeling good is that you're missing something. Could also be a "comedown" from all the sugars & processed foods you've been eating. Your body can take a while to adjust.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Are you eating enough food? I found that, particularly when younger, if I didn't enough food, I would get a headache.

(Original post by Steezy)
    Are you getting enough carbs? Also protein?

Cutting out meat is healthy IMO but you need to replace it with high volumes of beans/lentils/legumes.

My diet consists of a juice in the morning (using a juicer) - beets, carrots, spinach, lemon, cucumber. Bananas for breakfast. Brown rice, beans, avocado, pepper, tomato, chilli for lunch with melon & pineapple for desert. Then for dinner pasta, broccoli, mange tout & quorn.
    I've been using the MyFitnessPal App and according to that yesterday I ate 36g of fat, 91g of carbs and 62g of protein. Is that enough?

(Original post by OU Student)
    Are you eating enough food? I found that, particularly when younger, if I didn't enough food, I would get a headache.
    Probably not! According to the MyFitnessPal app I had just under 900 calories yesterday but I wasn't hungry. If I feel hungry I eat. Surely if I wasn't eating enough my body would let me know by making me hungry, but it's not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been using the MyFitnessPal App and according to that yesterday I ate 36g of fat, 91g of carbs and 62g of protein. Is that enough?
    I have no idea. As long as you eat 3 meals a day and a mixture of rice/pasta, fruit, veg, proteins, fats (healthy), I'm sure you'll be fine.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.