Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just to give an overview. I'm planning to study for each of the exams, using weekend taught courses at BPP. As I have no exemptions and a non-relevant degree, I first need to take F1-3.

So what time difference do people usually have between learning course materials and taking the relevant exams. I am thinking that I will take the courses from September to January for the 3 above modules, and do computer based exams for the three of them in February or March. Does this approach make sense?

Also is it recommended/necessary to complete Foundations in Professionalism to progress with the qualification.

Finally, when do people start to consider completing performance objectives. Is this something that is usually considered near the start of the qualification or is it generally more spread out. The reason that I ask this is that there are some that I have arguably achieved already, but I would imagine it unusual to submit this before starting any courses/taking any exams.

Thanks for any help, and apologies if these are stupid questions.

ReputationRep:
    I've finished ACCA but didn't do F1 to 3 due to exemptions. Some people from my work have done them & they tend to do them 1 by 1. I think that's the best way as they're available to take quite regularly, so you don't need to wait 6 months per exam(s).

I'd probably recommend you study one for a month before taking the exam, if you fail, retake after a couple of weeks & a brush up (they're relatively easy, multiple choice exams, so shouldn't be too much of a struggle).

Maybe 6 weeks of studying before each, then you'll be done in 4.5 months and onto the paper exams

ReputationRep:
    Oh and the performance objectives - you get these just by working in an accountancy job... Mine were done automatically due to working, I just had to do an ethics essay at the end but the exams are the main bit. Concentrate on that & getting a job!

I'd also recommend the online evening courses for studying - saves on travel & they're just as good, if not better than the physical courses as you're in a comfortable place & more inclined to get involved in questions.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all of the information Steezy. I'm actually working at the moment and the company is sponsoring the qualification, so that aspect is fine. I didn't think about online courses, but that does sound a lot more convenient. I will keep that in mind. I greatly appreciate your help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.