Treee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
On the one hand, Queen Mary is higher on the complete Guardian league table for this year, but King's College London is about 2 places higher on the linguistics league table. King's College has also noticeably went down on the league table this year.

On the other hand, King's College London has a better reputation and is more "prestigious."

The Queen Mary MA Linguistics course is more versatile, but the King's College London MA Language & Cultural Diversity course focuses on teaching English as a foreign language.

Any thoughts?
icharliee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
See, i'm doing my A2's and looking at both Kings and Queen Mary for BA English so I may not be of much help. But. I have a similar problem.
Kings is more prestigious and usually higher up - but has dropped drastically this year which should alert us. Queen Mary also has more choices.

I'd say if you want to stay in academia, go for prestige. If not, maybe the course content.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Treee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by icharliee)
See, i'm doing my A2's and looking at both Kings and Queen Mary for BA English so I may not be of much help. But. I have a similar problem.
Kings is more prestigious and usually higher up - but has dropped drastically this year which should alert us. Queen Mary also has more choices.

I'd say if you want to stay in academia, go for prestige. If not, maybe the course content.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks a lot. I did decide to go to King's after all. I've come to the realization that at the postgraduate level, league tables don't mean much because they're based on student satisfaction. It's important to consider the course, academic reputation and research.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (895)
42.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads