The Student Room Group

Queen Mary or King's College London for MA Linguistics?

On the one hand, Queen Mary is higher on the complete Guardian league table for this year, but King's College London is about 2 places higher on the linguistics league table. King's College has also noticeably went down on the league table this year.

On the other hand, King's College London has a better reputation and is more "prestigious."

The Queen Mary MA Linguistics course is more versatile, but the King's College London MA Language & Cultural Diversity course focuses on teaching English as a foreign language.

Any thoughts?
See, i'm doing my A2's and looking at both Kings and Queen Mary for BA English so I may not be of much help. But. I have a similar problem.
Kings is more prestigious and usually higher up - but has dropped drastically this year which should alert us. Queen Mary also has more choices.

I'd say if you want to stay in academia, go for prestige. If not, maybe the course content.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by icharliee
See, i'm doing my A2's and looking at both Kings and Queen Mary for BA English so I may not be of much help. But. I have a similar problem.
Kings is more prestigious and usually higher up - but has dropped drastically this year which should alert us. Queen Mary also has more choices.

I'd say if you want to stay in academia, go for prestige. If not, maybe the course content.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot. I did decide to go to King's after all. I've come to the realization that at the postgraduate level, league tables don't mean much because they're based on student satisfaction. It's important to consider the course, academic reputation and research.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending