The Student Room Group

Advice from previous Year 11's to upcoming Year 11's

Scroll to see replies

TRY TO ENJOY LEARNING. Year 11 sucked my passion for a lot of subjects because of how my classes were mainly tailored towards exam success and not the beauty of the subjects. Education is supposed to be enjoyable, not tedious. :wink:
ffs, this thread is from 4 years ago. New GCSE. Any advice pls
@tahmid011200 I took my GCSEs last year so I don't know about your syllabus or anything, all I can say is that everyone taking the new GCSEs is in the same boat, so don't worry about not having any past papers to revise etc because nobody else does either.
I'll be completely honest and say that you can start around march and still do amazingly. I know many will disagree but im not gonna create a lie to motivate you only so you burn out in exam season. If you know you are capable of picking things up quickly than dont stress until march/April. I properly started revision towards the end of April last year and ended with 10 A*s. Just revise for mocks and tests on subjects the night before and you'll do fine. Now im in yr 12 no one really cares about who got how many A*s, and tbh gcses dont matter. But i would recommend to first start off with your weakest subject. For me it was English and spanish which i started at Febuary and got 9 for lit and lang and 8 for spanish :biggrin:. and last word of advice you might wanna start your sciences (if your doing triple) at Febuary-ish and do maths papers (because for some reason the nations horrible at it)

Quick Reply

Latest