The Student Room Group

Most overrated food??

Scroll to see replies

I used to love bacon, but I ended up getting food poisoning after eating a cold-cut Sub with bacon (and the bacon looked and tasted raw). I can't stomach the stuff now :frown:
Original post by Pedd
You're crazy for loving strangely bland chicken and crusty dry mashed-potato. :unimpressed:

Bland? I need to eat more other chicken if you think this is bland? It's delicious!

Thinking about it, You're probably right and there are other better chicken places out there etc but it's not bad chicken. It's fairly decent.

Also, i go for fries/Coleslaw, not mash.
Bread.

I could quite happily live without it.
Reply 23
Original post by samba
I thought you were going to say pizza/steak for a second there and am glad you didn't.

Not sure this is the best topic for you but we'll roll with it.

For me, tea is massively overrated! And haddock.

Nah I'd never badmouth pizza or steak :eek: those are awesome :yep:

Hmm, never thought of that. I'm in a fairly good place regarding food this week so should be okay.

I'm afraid that if you don't like tea then you are no longer British and have to be deported :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hot dogs, sausages...
Original post by Fanticipation
Bread.

I could quite happily live without it.

Even crusty bread!?! :ashamed2:
Reply 26
Original post by karmacrunch
Cheese!

No you didn't! :0

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dominos pizza is ok... If you have a need for cardboard.
Somebody will say Nando's so I'm getting there first.

Pasta - So many different variations of the same thing. Italian food in general really, there is only so many times you can combine pasta, tomatoes, beef and cheese yet these lot think they're God's gift to culinary art.

Chinese - Specifically Chinese food aimed at westerners. Stinks and is drowning in sauce, presumably to mask the poor quality of the ingredients. I'm also dubious about the hygiene standards. Dirty as **** imo.
Reply 28
Original post by Odd socks

I'm afraid that if you don't like tea then you are no longer British and have to be deported :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Coffee says hi! Am very European in my drinking habits/attitude
PIZZA.
Reply 30
Original post by Motorbiker
Bland? I need to eat more other chicken if you think this is bland? It's delicious!

Thinking about it, You're probably right and there are other better chicken places out there etc but it's not bad chicken. It's fairly decent.

Also, i go for fries/Coleslaw, not mash.

Hehe, I'm sorry to have ruined your gastric romance. :biggrin:
Reply 31
All junk food.
Reply 32
Fish and chips...
Reply 33
Original post by samba
Coffee says hi! Am very European in my drinking habits/attitude

Coffee is acceptable, not quite as good as tea though :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Melted cheese, never understood the appeal