Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm from Norway and I'm hoping to be studying at Essex next year. I was just wondering if anyone who goes to Essex could tell me a bit about how it is there, as I don't have the opportunity to visit. Is it easy to come in contact with other students? What are the best accomodation choices? What's freshers week like? Just general info really, and anything else that's relevant!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Entreflex)
    Hi, I'm from Norway and I'm hoping to be studying at Essex next year. I was just wondering if anyone who goes to Essex could tell me a bit about how it is there, as I don't have the opportunity to visit. Is it easy to come in contact with other students? What are the best accomodation choices? What's freshers week like? Just general info really, and anything else that's relevant!
    Thanks
    Hey!
    Essex has a fairly small campus, which is great because it's really friendly. So in answer to your question about coming in to contact with other students - it's kind of hard not to! Everyone is friendly and it's very easy to make friends. With accommodation it really depends on what you want. If you want a really social experience and don't mind living in very basic accommodation with shared toilets/showers then the towers are great. I've just finished my first year and lived in south towers and it was great. If you want something a little more 'upmarket' then go for south courts - they're near enough the towers to have fun but are a little quieter. Then there's the Quays and the Meadows which are about 10 minutes walk from campus and are the more expensive options.

Freshers week was pretty good last year, just night out after night out really! They offer a freshers pass wrist band thing, I made the mistake of paying for it and then only actually going in to the club once or twice. A lot of the fun of freshers is spent in accommodation partying with your new flat mates. So I'd advise you to maybe only buy tickets for events you know you'll go to, unless you know you'll go them them all

Overall I'd just say it's a fun place to be! If you have any more questions feel free to message me!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.