Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    B694 - The Sleeves Protection Bill 2014, The Hon. Barnetlad MPThe Sleeves Protection Bill 2014
    An Act to provide legal protection for sleeves and anyone wearing them

BE IT ENACTED by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:

1. Sleeves shall be recognised as being rare and endangered and subject to protection, as provided for under clauses 2 to 6 of this Bill.

2. No person may victimise or discriminate against a person on the grounds that they are wearing clothes which include sleeves.

3. No clothes retailer, be they an online retailer or operating from premises where the public purchase goods in person, shall offer for sale clothing without sleeves, unless alternatives in their virtual or real store to the same or greater number are offered for sale.

4. Any employer may require all employees to have sleeves as part of a clothing code, and should a person be dismissed for not having sleeves, the presumption will be that this was a fair dismissal unless it can be proved otherwise.

5. No person shall cut, remove or shred any sleeves which form part of a garment at the time of sale.

6. The penalty for infringement of clauses 2 to 5 upon conviction shall be a maximum fine of £1000 for each offence.

7. This Bill will take effect from 1st October 2014.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    This is starting to get boring now...

ReputationRep:
    This bill is of itself discriminatory *shakes head*. Nay.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Can we pass a bill banning stupid motions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    This!

ReputationRep:
    Why did you waste your time writing this?

ReputationRep:
    May I request that everyone lightens up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    (Original post by PhysicsKid)
    This bill is of itself discriminatory *shakes head*. Nay.
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    Can we pass a bill banning stupid motions?
    (Original post by The Politisphere)
    This!
    (Original post by Ruitker)
    Why did you waste your time writing this?
    Hey, he was elected on a manifesto commitment to write silly motions and bills - don't question democracy!

That said, clearly a nay to this...
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryptographic)
    The first few 'silly' bills and motions were amusing. But as has already been mentioned, it's getting old now. Jokes aren't funny when you repeat them over and over again.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Meltwater)
    Hey, he was elected on a manifesto commitment to write silly motions and bills - don't question democracy!

That said, clearly a nay to this...
    Exactly.

May Barnetlad continue in his mission to make the MHoC ever more jovial.

(Original post by barnetlad)
    QFA
    I would vote 'Aye' if there was a 2nd reading that got rid of 3, 4, 5 and 6 haha

ReputationRep:
    Nay. Is this a joke?

ReputationRep:
    What about to create costumes? Or needing to remove sleeves maybe for theatre props?

ReputationRep:
    Nay.

(Original post by arminb)
    Nay. Is this a joke?
    As a newbie, I question myself the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arminb)
    Nay. Is this a joke?
    (Original post by Fernand126)
    Nay.

As a newbie, I question myself the same?
    Yes, barnetlad is the OMRLP representative, and reminds us that this is a game.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, barnetlad is the OMRLP representative, and reminds us that this is a game.
    I see, thank you very much.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    This is in cessation.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.