Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, do you like putting effort into your appearance? Watch

ReputationRep:
    ..Not just special occasions but everytime you go out.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well I feel better if I've made a bit of an effort - done my makeup and so on. Not done up to the nines or anything but not just "tumble-out-of-bed-and-throw-on-nearest-outfit" style either.

Though sometimes on the morning school run I am in tumble out of bed mode!

ReputationRep:
    Naa m8 i cba.

I put a fair amount of effort into my skin care regime and braiding/looking after my hair. I usually look like I've been sleeping rough despite this.

ReputationRep:

I co-wash my hair and let it dry naturally. That's my hair done. I just clip my fringe to the top or the side or leave all my hair on the side when I go out. Simples. It's really curly so no styling is needed because it already looks like I spent ages styling it.

My face is one tone and completely clear of spots and scars and things so no makeup is needed. I wear glasses and am completely blind without them so eyeliner can't be worn unless I'm wearing contacts. Contacts take too long to wear so I rarely wear them -- I only wear them when I feel like making the effort or when I have too much time to get ready.

My lips and eyebrows and the only things I'm bothered with. I shade my eyebrows and wear lip gloss/lipstick/tinted lip balm. What I wear on my lips depends on the weather and my hair. E.g. lipgloss can't be worn if my hair is our and it's windy outside. Simples. :borat:

ReputationRep:
      Yeah same. I can't leave the house without wearing lippie and filling my brows

(Original post by Vixen47)

I co-wash my hair and let it dry naturally. That's my hair done. I just clip my fringe to the top or the side or leave all my hair on the side when I go out. Simples. It's really curly so no styling is needed because it already looks like I spent ages styling it.

My face is one tone and completely clear of spots and scars and things so no makeup is needed. I wear glasses and am completely blind without them so eyeliner can't be worn unless I'm wearing contacts. Contacts take too long to wear so I rarely wear them -- I only wear them when I feel like making the effort or when I have too much time to get ready.

My lips and eyebrows and the only things I'm bothered with. I shade my eyebrows and wear lip gloss/lipstick/tinted lip balm. What I wear on my lips depends on the weather and my hair. E.g. lipgloss can't be worn if my hair is our and it's windy outside. Simples. :borat:

ReputationRep:
      Yes. I always do my full makeup, hair and clothing even when not going out

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dinaa)
      Naa m8 i cba.
      :sexface:

ReputationRep:
      With me it's ether i look like I'm going to somewhere special with all designer bags shoes and such or I look like I'm a poor homeless person with basic primark tops :/

I don't see why I can't be average oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Secretnerd123)
      Depends, if it's just to pop out then nah but meeting friends or having a day out then
      Foundation and mascara for surrrre
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      I brush my hair and teeth and make sure I don't smell. That's about as much as I do before going for nothing special like town, going to my mum's etc.
      • Welcome Squad

Now, yes. But around exam time I didn't wear much make up at all. Mostly, filled brows.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
      Yes. I always do my full makeup, hair and clothing even when not going out
      Woahhh let your skin breathe girl! :shock:

ReputationRep:
      Woahhh let your skin breathe girl! :shock:
      Skin doesn't actually breathe it's a myth pores don't use oxygen, they don't "open " and close either.

ReputationRep:
      Skin doesn't actually breathe it's a myth pores don't use oxygen, they don't "open " and close either.
      Why bother with makeup if you're just lounging around at home?

ReputationRep:
      Why bother with makeup if you're just lounging around at home?
      Because I like the way it looks, and I wear it for me.

ReputationRep:
      Because I like the way it looks, and I wear it for me.
      Fair enough

ReputationRep:
      I do make an effort. I definitely don't like looking rough. I usually take about half an hour to get ready regardless of where I'm going though. So it's equal effort for a day in the park or a night out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I don't do it every day, usually only when I have the time and feel in the right mood for it. But when I do it I like to do it, yes.

ReputationRep:
      Everyyyy time. I have to go out looking my best otherwise I feel a little under confident. Boys always seem to mistake it as being for them when really we just need that boost sometimes

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.