Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got this sent to them, its weird its just asked me upload GCSE subjects. Im surprised it didn't ask for more.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I got it. Being an EU applicant I'm not exactly thrilled.
    They are requiring me to upload my Swedish high school qualification which is far inferior to my German Abitur. Apparently my real qualifications don't interest them at all. Also they want it officially translated to English which just set me back £180.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabaTong)
    Yes I got it. Being an EU applicant I'm not exactly thrilled.
    They are requiring me to upload my Swedish high school qualification which is far inferior to my German Abitur. Apparently my real qualifications don't interest them at all. Also they want it officially translated to English which just set me back £180.
    Do you think the transcripts are just fine or did you upload the actual certificates.

ReputationRep:
    UCL will ask for your original certificates when you get to London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SloaneRanger)
    Do you think the transcripts are just fine or did you upload the actual certificates.
    In my case they specifically require me to scan the actual certificate and an official translation of it and upload it for now.

Problem being: Both in Sweden and Germany official translations can only be made by authorised translators registered with the government (in case of Germany, the state government). These translators are usually fairly expensive.

Really is a joke though: The German Abitur has more or less looked the same for over 50 years, a translation template would be more than enough. In Sweden such a template is even officially issued by the ministry of education, along with translation instructions so detailed, a child could easily do it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.