Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...75al?logcode=p

ReputationRep:
    Reasonable miles for year.
    I'd want to know that the cambelt had been done recently if I were buying it. It's certainly due on time.

There's probably a deal to be done if you fancy it.

Go and have a look and see how it compares to other cars at the same price point.

Ignore people that say "that's too dear / that's too cheap to be true" they aren't the ones putting their hand in their pocket. It's what it's worth to you is all that counts.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with JC.

Expected price.
    Apparently Corsa's have a cam chain so that doesn't need to have been changed

I noticed you've put maximum millage 70000 in the search. Don't buy on millage buy on condition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camoxide)
    Agree with JC.

Expected price.
    Apparently Corsa's have a cam chain so that doesn't need to have been changed

I noticed you've put maximum millage 70000 in the search. Don't buy on millage buy on condition.
    haha you must've said that thousands of times.
    What about these bad boys
    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...iles?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...Cnew?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...iles?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1-3l?logcode=p

ReputationRep:
    Have you been down to the garages to physically view any of these cars yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)
    Have you been down to the garages to physically view any of these cars yet?
    Not yet because I don't know much about cars, I want to only visit the ones that seem legit and value for money, so whichever one I visit I will most likely purchase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    I'd want to know that the cambelt had been done recently if I were buying it. It's certainly due on time.
    If it's the 1.2 16 valve model (which I think it is), it has a timing chain so won't need doing. Plus, its maybe a couple hundred of the finest sterling to get it fixed, if that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vimto39)
    If it's the 1.2 16 valve model (which I think it is), it has a timing chain so won't need doing. Plus, its maybe a couple hundred of the finest sterling to get it fixed, if that.
    The only corsa I've ever had the misfortune to work on was a 1.4 non interference engine with a rubber belt so I'll have to defer to your greater knowledge on this one!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, what plate? I know that some 1.4's have timing chains, but evidently not all now you mention this. As far as I knew/thought, the following Corsa engines all have timing chains: 1.0 12v, 1.2 16v; 1.4 1,364cc petrol and petrol turbo; but I could be wrong now that you mention this.

Edit:
    (Original post by JC.)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Pretty good. Got full MOT and mileage is good... I had a Corsa. They are good cars
    Look around though before you set on buying this one, as you could find something else for a better deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daydreamer93)
    Not yet because I don't know much about cars, I want to only visit the ones that seem legit and value for money, so whichever one I visit I will most likely purchase.
    Don't buy the first thing you see

Anyway I believe I told you before you can't evaluate how good or bad a car is from looking at the ads. Almost every seller will claim the world of the junk they sell and with cars as old as the ones you're thinking of buying I'd suggest you get down on the field and do some better research prior to making a decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vimto39)
    Hmm, what plate? I know that some 1.4's have timing chains, but evidently not all now you mention this. As far as I knew/thought, the following Corsa engines all have timing chains: 1.0 12v, 1.2 16v; 1.4 1,364cc petrol and petrol turbo; but I could be wrong now that you mention this.

Edit:
    Corsa B.
    Can't remember what year. I do remember it being not a lot of fun - had to take the drivers side front wheel off and work through an access panel in the wheel well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.