Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Early this week I found out I was going to be in the higher part of the year for my gcse classes my friends asked me what classes I was in so I told them all week I feel like they've been talking behind my back about it and making fun of me what do I do should I confront them on this?

ReputationRep:
    don't do anything, they're just jelly
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Well done on making it into the higher classes! I think confront is perhaps the wrong word, as it implies aggression, but I can't see anything wrong with simply asking if it bothers them. It would be a very petty thing to fall out over, but if you do then they likely weren't very good friends anyway.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    They're making fun of you for being more successful than them? I don't really get the joke. Just ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeghanEdwards)
    Early this week I found out I was going to be in the higher part of the year for my gcse classes my friends asked me what classes I was in so I told them all week I feel like they've been talking behind my back about it and making fun of me what do I do should I confront them on this?
    First of all, congrats , you should ignore them. i'm sure there are many pupils like you in your school that get good grades so dont feel as if you're on your own and continue to achieve good grades, you will need it.

ReputationRep:
    Let's just say you will pass your exams successfully with B/A/A*s and they will be there with the piece of paper revealing extremely low results. You will go on successfully and finish at college or sixth form, even university. You will be on the table with that graduate photograph of you holding the pass for the degree paper. They will be there in a hairdressers ready to cut peoples hair, or better yet - they will become homeless prostitues doing anything for money. Good luck for your successful future :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Always keep your chin up, work hard and most importantly dont call them friends if they do stuff like that. They should be happy for you.

ReputationRep:

That's brilliant!! And who cares what they think, they can't be good friends if they're making you feel upset. I moved up from foundation to higher in maths and found it made my friendships harder for me to maintain my friendships as close as they used to be with people in foundation but I made new friends and now i've got a great set of friends as well as still being friends with people from my foundation class. To be honest they're probably just jealous, ignore them and rise above it! Get those top grades and show them you were moved up for a reason.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.