Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Place unconditionally firmed today? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

Hello,

Today (18th July) I received an email from UCAS saying there had been a change to one of my applications. Upon logging in I find MMU have made my offer unconditional firm. Is this some sort of mistake or..?

What does this mean and how come they haven't waited until results day?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Exception)

Hello,

Today (18th July) I received an email from UCAS saying there had been a change to one of my applications. Upon logging in I find MMU have made my offer unconditional firm. Is this some sort of mistake or..?

What does this mean and how come they haven't waited until results day?
    If you study btec they already have your results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alapa)
    If you study btec they already have your results.
    So this means I am 'in' regardless of results on August 14th?

ReputationRep:
    If you are awaiting results on August 14th, then one of two things has happened:
    1. They have decided to take you regardless of what you get, or
    2. There has been a mistake.

Of these two, a mistake is much more likely, but you can't know for sure, so call them on Monday morning and ask. Anyone on here would only be guessing.

ReputationRep:
    If you are studying A levels it is probably a mistake.
    If you are not studying a levels and are studying BTEC then it is not a mistake and you have your place no matter what.

ReputationRep:
    I am studying both BTEC and A-levels. My place was conditional on 280 UCAS points from 3 qualifications. The BTEC will have been enough to secure me the required UCAS points but will only count as 2 qualifications. I'll give MMU a call on Monday.

Thanks all.

ReputationRep:
    I am studying both BTEC and A-levels. My place was conditional on 280 UCAS points from 3 qualifications. The BTEC will have been enough to secure me the required UCAS points but will only count as 2 qualifications. I'll give MMU a call on Monday.

Thanks all.
    Complicated! Possibly a mistake on the part of the data inputter, but I would think you are likely to be in. If you already have the right number of points, you could get an E in August and still have met the conditions.

ReputationRep:

Thanks all.
    Well, if you have got the 280 UCAS points then you could score 0 on any other qualification and you're still in..?

Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttankzhang)
    Well, if you have got the 280 UCAS points then you could score 0 on any other qualification and you're still in..?

Congrats!
    The requirements on the UCAS search tool read

You will need 240 UCAS Tariff points from 3 A levels (or their equivalent)
    (Though my official offer via UCAS states 280 UCAS points) The BTEC counts as 2 A levels, so I still need a grade in August to technically qualify.

ReputationRep:
    The requirements on the UCAS search tool read

(Though my official offer via UCAS states 280 UCAS points) The BTEC counts as 2 A levels, so I still need a grade in August to technically qualify.
    OK, well call to check, and though I haven't been through this situation (my offer wasn't UCAS points) the way it is worded suggests you don't need 3 A-Levels, that's just the maximum number of exams the points can come from. As long as you achieve the 240 points you're in. It's basically you exceeding your offer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.