Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm 21 and a virgin... Will I ever lose it? =( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Now that I have your attention...

Why do people care so much about being a virgin and losing it. If you're a virgin don't complain about it, it's not the worst thing in the world, people have more to worry about than penis in vagina...

ReputationRep:
    It's mostly people who are in high school who still care about it. There's that social pressure of "everyone's done it except me" and when you are 16-18 it can effect your self esteem. There are people who ridiculed for it (I was) but once you get into the real world you realise that it really doesn't matter and that no one cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
    It's mostly people who are in high school who still care about it. There's that social pressure of "everyone's done it except me" and when you are 16-18 it can effect your self esteem. There are people who ridiculed for it (I was) but once you get into the real world you realise that it really doesn't matter and that no one cares.
    There are people on here who are within my age group who are complaing about being a virgin, I find it pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    For some people it's not about being scared of being called a virgin. It's the fact that they've been alone for 21 years and while everyone else has boyfriends and girlfriends they're alone and have never had a connection with anyone.
    So your young years are supposed to be the most adventurous and exciting etc with exploration and experimenting. If they can't lose their virginity now when will they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MylittlePlusle)
    Now that I have your attention...

Why do people care so much about being a virgin and losing it. If you're a virgin don't complain about it, it's not the worst thing in the world, people have more to worry about than penis in vagina...
    You seem pretty obsessed with going on about how sex isn't that important... Good sex is a pretty amazing experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowystarks)
    For some people it's not about being scared of being called a virgin. It's the fact that they've been alone for 21 years and while everyone else has boyfriends and girlfriends they're alone and have never had a connection with anyone.
    So your young years are supposed to be the most adventurous and exciting etc with exploration and experimenting. If they can't lose their virginity now when will they?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't they just deal with it?

I'm a virgin and I don't care about it.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta get your oats. Plus there are other good things often associated with sex like fun, companionship, love..

ReputationRep:

A lot of people want relationships, to connect with someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thats like someone saying to you 'can't you just not be obsessed with cuddles?'. Everyone is different - please accept it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not bothered but obviously there is peer pressure leading to people thinking they have to do it because everybody else is, and for some people it's the fact that they've been alone and if they haven't been banged by now, will they ever be? 21 turns into 30 which turns into 60 which turns into R.I.P

Anyhoo just because it doesn't worry you doesn't mean it's pathetic, not all of us think the same. Of course it's not the worst thing in the world but that doesn't mean people's worries are meaningless

ReputationRep:
    Why do you care? Clearly you're a virgin yourself and are targeted by your friends

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saralouise95)
    Thats like someone saying to you 'can't you just not be obsessed with cuddles?'. Everyone is different - please accept it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm crazy about cuddles... But I'm just dealing with it and not complaining, complaining is for the weak.
    • Welcome Squad

People don't want to be alone forever.

ReputationRep:
    Because you see everyone else happy and you worry that you're never going to get any of that. I'm not bothered about being a virgin - being permanently single does bother me though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowystarks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your name should be the truthspeaker but yeah u r right!

ReputationRep:
    OP are you male or female? But in general, the following sums up how I feel about peoples virginity 'issues' on here.

If female: Respect your virginity and wait for your time to come.
    If male: Grow a pair and stop moping around like a little pansy. You don't deserve to get laid, simply for being such a pussy. Carry on being a 'gentleman' or 'nice guy' all you want though, that'll certainly do the trick.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.