Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    John, Mary, Charlie and Martha did this particular work together. But a few weeks later, John, Mary and Charlie were busy with something else so had to focus on the other work.

Martha decided to take the work and submit it to a superior without informing John and Mary. Charlie knew only after the work was submitted.

Would the people of TSR say that Martha is in the wrong? Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    John, Mary, Charlie and Martha did this particular work together. But a few weeks later, John, Mary and Charlie were busy with something else so had to focus on the other work.

Martha decided to take the work and submit it to a superior without informing John and Mary. Charlie knew only after the work was submitted.

It depends on the intentions of Martha.

Did she try and claim all the credit for the work?
    Was there any credit available for the work?
    Was there a deadline for the work to be submitted by?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    It depends on the intentions of Martha.

Did she try and claim all the credit for the work?
    Was there any credit available for the work?
    Was there a deadline for the work to be submitted by?
    Martha mentioned it's a group project (sorta) but never mentioned the names. Martha got brownie points for sending the work. Others didn't.

It should.

Not too sure. None that I know of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Martha mentioned it's a group project (sorta) but never mentioned the names. Martha got brownie points for sending the work. Others didn't.

It should.

Not too sure. None that I know of.
    It's dishonest.

ReputationRep:
    It's dishonest.
    Care to elaborate?

How would you react if you were John or Charlie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Care to elaborate?

How would you react if you were John or Charlie?
    I'd confront Martha and ask why she felt it was appropriate to hand the work in without a mention that it was a group effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)

Depends on if Martha has big breasts and if OP can post pictures of her

ReputationRep:
    I'd confront Martha and ask why she felt it was appropriate to hand the work in without a mention that it was a group effort.
    Martha said you were busy with other works, so Martha decided to just submit it. Martha did mention it was a group project (sorta)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Martha said you were busy with other works, so Martha decided to just submit it. Martha did mention it was a group project (sorta)
    I don't think her submitting it was a problem.

The problem is the lack of notification to the other members of the group that she's going to hand it in. All of this would have avoided if she had done so.

ReputationRep:
    Martha is a little bit of a snake

Martha can't just sorta say it's a group project, she needs to mention the other names and she should have informed the others that she was handing it in, not just do it of her own accord. So what if the others were busy, how long does it take to send a text or an email?

Martha is wrong and if I was dealing with Martha she would be getting the full wrath of my *****

ReputationRep:
    I don't think her submitting it was a problem.

The problem is the lack of notification to the other members of the group that she's going to hand it in. All of this would have avoided if she had done so.
    But Martha did mention it's a group project (in her own way).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    Martha is a little bit of a snake

Martha can't just sorta say it's a group project, she needs to mention the other names and she should have informed the others that she was handing it in, not just do it of her own accord. So what if the others were busy, how long does it take to send a text or an email?

Martha is wrong and if I was dealing with Martha she would be getting the full wrath of my *****
    Gave you a rep for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Gave you a rep for that.
    Haha thanks :grin:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder, would you ever work with Martha again?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)

It's absolutely fine. Martha cracked on and made progress with a piece of work. She didn't claim credit for it all.

Move along, there's nothing to see here except normal workplace activities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    It's absolutely fine. Martha cracked on and made progress with a piece of work. She didn't claim credit for it all.

Move along, there's nothing to see here except normal workplace activities.
    Interesting. But she did get credit for it as I mentioned.

Is this something that you will do as well?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.