Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I've looked at many prospectus's and different websites and I appear to have fallen in love with Reading, I was wondering if I could get some opinions on the English lit course and uni life in general!

I would be eternally in your favour!

Thanks,
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerrimw26)
    Hey guys,

I've looked at many prospectus's and different websites and I appear to have fallen in love with Reading, I was wondering if I could get some opinions on the English lit course and uni life in general!

I would be eternally in your favour!

Thanks,
    **Please note, this account is being used by current University of Reading Student Ambassadors**

Hiya!
    My name is Anja and I've just finished my English Lit and International Relations degree at Reading. I can wholeheartedly say that English is an incredible department. The lecturers are really lovely and helpful and have a genuine interest in working with students. In first year, there are lectures (lots of people) and seminars (usually about 12 people), same second year, and then third year it's just seminars. All lecturers have office hours and I strongly encourage you to email them if you have any questions, before or during the course!
    I loved the uni too, I got really involved and it was amazing. There are lots of activities to do (societies, sports, volunteering, media), I personally did lots of volunteering. The campus is beautiful, the town has everything you need, and there's a really good community feel! In fact, I'm a bit jealous you're starting your journey to Reading, it's so sad to be done!
    Anja

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.