Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not actually a student anymore, i'm about to start my first job in Bristol but this is the best place i could think to ask: where are nice area's to live in Bristol? I've never been there, but I would like a place which is near a train station which goes to Yate and near the center if there's any nice places there.

Any advice at all, even if you dont know the area all that well, would be very much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    The better areas of Bristol are Clifton, Redland, Cotham and the Harbourside. Avoid Stokes Croft and outer suburbs.

The Yate line connects to Bristol Temple Meads, the main train station and there is an express bus between Yate and Bristol as well. BTM station is in an area in the city centre so its surrounded by office blocks not housing but Bedminster and the Harbourside are both walkable.

Student Spare Room - rooms in existing flat shares plus other flats/bedsits etc - and not just for students :
    http://student.spareroom.co.uk/accommodation/bristol/

ReputationRep:
    The main train station is called Temple Meads and is roughly 2 miles from the city centre, and lots of bus connection to there, but easily walkable aswell. An area right near which is cheap is Knowle and Bedminster. Then when you go more city centre you get Clifton, Redland and what is classed as the city centre, these are nice, but a lot more expensive from my experience of looking at renting. Bedminster I would say is a great area, fairly cheap and within walking distance of both the train station and the city centre.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.