Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does she need time or simply doesn't like me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    OK, here is the scenario.

A girl had used to date someone who had hurt her very much emotionally, probably around 9-14 months ago. Then, 3 months ago I meet her and it seems that we click, not just on my end.

The problem is that when I got to ask her out and stuff and told her I like her, she said she wanted to be friends and didn't guess what I felt towards her (bizarre stuff because I made it quite clear). But guess what, she actually DID WANT to maintain contact after that and actively sought it. We met few times after that thing, once we even got matched on a blind date event... once she told me "I will see you but I don't want to deal with men right now so I don't want to lead you on". After that point I got to know the general effect of her last relationship and since then I have been in constant wonder:
    "Does she need time or does she just not like me?"

I don't know how to find out if she needs time.
    I have observations on her behaviour and comments towards me, I can provide if relevant... sorry for the vague language, I am tired.

ReputationRep:
    When she says not now, is that because she is focusing on something else which is important to her, such as A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    University. But we studied together for a whole day once, I mean just in each other's presence, and she said I boost her ability to concentrate and work (she is dyslexic).
    But we're both 1st year students, you can't wait till you graduate? She will want to go back home and my career path is nearly secured in a city that is 4 hrs away with a train from hers.

ReputationRep:
    -bump-

ReputationRep:
    Just stay in touch with her over the summer, maybe see whether you can meet up somewhere once or twice, and then see what happens in September.

ReputationRep:
    tl;dr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    tl;dr
    Basically how can I tell if a girl needs time to heal from her previous relationship or just doesn't like me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HawkEyeArcher)
    Basically how can I tell if a girl needs time to heal from her previous relationship or just doesn't like me.
    She mumbles if she talks to you.

If she doesn't like you she will stare at other guys for just that split-second longer, you have to be quick you might miss it.

Sit right near her, if she crosses her legs it means she doesn't like you.

She still talks to you regularly if the former.

Heck, I have no idea, I'm only 15 - I'm making this stuff up as I go along.

TSR not the best place to ask for advice like this tbh, everyone makes out that they party have lots of gf's etc. where they really revise all the time - my life story in a nutshell.

Go get her Mr HawkEye - use that precision VROOM VROOM

ReputationRep:
    Haha massive thanks for the effort in that reply

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.